Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find this device co-ordinate gps

• 11-05-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

looking for a device that only displays Co-ordinates of where that device is, that will keep changing with the slightest movement.

I would like the device to display only characters such as letter numbers and symbols, I do not want to see maps or a degrees circle.

I am searching all over google but cannot seem to find one like this but this device is out there.

Can anyone point meet in the direction to find where i can get this item, like i am wondering if there is a different name for this device other than gps compass

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What is the application for this?
    There are plenty of phone apps that would do this.
    Eg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woozilli.gpscoordinates&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 5 VapenApe

ive tried some apps but there not changing which the slightest movement, i need it to be very accurate. Its for a treasure hunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

VapenApe wrote: »
    ive tried some apps but there not changing which the slightest movement, i need it to be very accurate. Its for a treasure hunt

Do you have €100,000? If not its game over. Plain GPS cant do what you need without RTK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

VapenApe wrote: »

Agree with ED_E above. What you're looking for is known as 'centimeter-level accuracy' which is beyond the budget of a mere consumer, forget it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think you can only get an accuracy of about 7 meters, give or take, with normal devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 VapenApe

Thanks everyone you all have been a great help i honestly cant believe how fast ye have replied with good answers. I think maybe im out of luck. one last question and don't expect there to be but is there there any out there with an accuracy of + or- 1 meter in the price range of €1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What you might be looking for is RFID where if your object is moved the RFID movement from location fires a message or similar.

Advertisement