Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wetsuit??

Options
  • 11-05-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know been asked a good few times but just looking for some advice.
    I am in need of a new wetsuit as my Sailfish Vibrant is not fitting too good after a few years of service and needs a replacement.
    2 options - just go for new size of Sailfish but it costs about 330. Have no issues with the wetsuit (other than my changing size but i have not swam in any other one for comparison. Other option is to just go for a cheaper option of a different wetsuit in range of 150-200.

I know that fit is a massive factor but just wondering whether there is a massive difference between wetsuits of those price points i.e. what am i actually paying for??

I am ok enough swimmer but will not be winning races or coming close so i will not be going above the 330 mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

yes there is a mssive differecnce in that price range you are talking about .
    rogughl speaking 250 is kind of the border line between good and prob being much better of using what you have.

iam not sure where the suit is lose but you could glue in tape in various parts to make it smaller by not allowing it to stretch .
    that would def be better than buying a sub 200 suit

or buy a used suit. where yo get good stuff in the 150 -200 euro range.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nok2008

peter kern wrote: »
    yes there is a mssive differecnce in that price range you are talking about .
    rogughl speaking 250 is kind of the border line between good and prob being much better of using what you have.

iam not sure where the suit is lose but you could glue in tape in various parts to make it smaller by not allowing it to stretch .
    that would def be better than buying a sub 200 suit

or buy a used suit. where yo get good stuff in the 150 -200 euro range.

Its after getting very loose in the lower back and impossible for me to tie up and still very difficult for other people. A lot of water gathering there now also. It also very loose in lower calfs / behind the knee I dont think that tape would work really.

Advertisement