Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I the only one who hardly watches Irish TV/media (news and entertainment)?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jeanjolie wrote: »
    I don't hate Irish TV/media or go out of my way to avoid it but it's just that I don't have much interest aside from a few good documentaries e.g. 'Better off Abroad' on RTE or Niall Boylan on 4fm. Perhaps it's because I've lived in the US during my early years.

It's generally a mixture of CNN International, BBC News, Russia Today (Max Keiser specifically). Mostly I watch news as entertainment. Documentaries and conspiracies are my thing mostly.

For music, I never listen to the radio except talk radio which a lot of people don't seem to like. Niall Boylan seems to be pretty good, IMO..

What type of media do you consume?

Niall, I have to be honest. I'm not a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

If it twerent for the radio in work id haven't a notion what be happening in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I honestly never tune into RTE or any of the other Irish channels, nor do I listen to their radio stations, I listen to Q102 in the car. I'd watch the news more than anything else and tend to watch BBC News for that. I find the Irish news when I have checked in to see what it's like to be far too local and it just seems to have an unprofessional feel to it.
    If I'm watching something with my partner we'd most likely watch a boxset from Sky or something through Netflix and yes it does irk me that I have to pay for something I don't use nor want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Actually listen and watch a good bit of Irish news and radio

Advertisement