Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaper - deposit upfront

Options
  • 11-05-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Anyone have a view on whether its normal to pay 50 % deposit upfront for landscaping works to be carried out?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

50% is about as steep as it would get but it depends on the context - have you used the company before? If not he doesn't know you from a hole in the ground, the materials required could be substantial if it's a big job. You'd have to pay about 25% at least for a modest job to cover the outlay on prep work, materials etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

The complete opposite with my dealings with a landscaper at the moment to do the back and front garden. They don't take any money until the job is complete and you are happy with. Can't fault them so far anyways with the work they've done.

I told them though that I'm never happy so they may never get their money :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

well, it's not as if they don't know where you live...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

But how much money is in the OPs account? Hard to be sure abut that by just knowing where someone lives ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

well, it's not as if they don't know where you live...

Never thought of that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement