Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo E3 plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That Metroid game on 3DS is being developed by Mercury Steam. They're based in Spain and have worked on Castlevania games previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm a little saddened by no Dark Souls news.
    But I have them all on various devices so I can't be too sad.
    Also, still a lack of third party support.
    The WiiU had stellar Nintendo support but not much from third parties, the Switch seems to have even less.
    EA had several big franchises in year one for WiiU, now they only have one for the Switch.
    Activision brought CoD to the WiiU twice, nothing this time.
    Ubi brought a whole host of titles also, just the Mario/Rabbids mash up this time, it seems.
    And this might, just might, be a problem....

Ubisoft announced Starlink as well.

I think 3rd party support will definitely increase into 2018 as sales grow, and from the lineup absolutely no reason why it won't. Pokemon RPG alone will already be millions of guaranteed sales. I think 2017 was always going to be testing the water type year with how the Wii U ended up. A decent looking FIFA, Rocket League and a very surprising Ubisoft X-Com type Rabbids game have all been very pleasant surprises to add to this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyth's and Argos need a kick up the podex These particular Amiibos will be highly sought after and will sell out no problem unlike the millions and millions of the rocks fans( wait scratch that) the skylanders and even the Disney infinity, adults want amiibos adults have money to spend ergo get the bleeding things in or else.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ubi brought a whole host of titles also, just the Mario/Rabbids mash up this time, it seems.
    And this might, just might, be a problem....

We'll see how this pans out, but there are still rumours of BGE2:
    https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/874375161100857346

Nintendo don't play well with others can't see them showing even half of what's in the works here just enough to show they're still the old masters, lack of SNES mini is strange but as I say they keep their cards close to their chest.

• Advertisement

Fire Emblem Warriors up next on the Treehouse.

If your prediction of more Amiibo is going to come true Sligeach, it's for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's Metroid Prime/Fusion all over again. The 3ds one has a very Other M look to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dunno if its been mentioned but FE Warriors has been given a 28 Sep release date in Japan, what that means for Western release is anyones guess.

Only thing worse than a port round these parts is a reskin, ooooooh no he didnt

Is that a Gold Lynel in the Breath of the Wild: The Master Trials art?

Just linking rather than embedding, as it's a LARGE image!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/73275/419777.jpg

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    That's 9 new amiibo announced at least today. 4 Champions; BOTW, 3 Super Mario Odyssey and 2 Metroid. You know there'll be more before E3 is over. Who even sells these besides Nintendo UK store and Amazon? And because they make so few they'll be on Ebay for at least €50 each.

I made a mistake, there's 11 new amiibo in total. Besides the 3 Wedding SMO amiibo there's also a Koopa Troopa and a Goomba.

Robbed from the Gaming (General) forum Gaming Humour thread :D
    l_264.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Star Lord wrote: »

Yeah i think hard mode is in that pack so the enemys will move up a colour aswell i.e silver lynel wiil now be golden lyner and so on with the rest of the enemys

It most certainly is.

DCOO_giXYAICIeE.jpg:small
    I can just imagine the damage of that Savage Lynel Crusher. I got a few from Silver Lynels that were over 100+ in damage.

Edit: During a Blood Moon this rare Gold Lynel will appear. ;)
    s-l1600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Holy crap. I missed a lot.
    But it's a lot of first party stuff, and given I've just spent 5 minutes explaining why there are no more WiiU games to an 8 year old, that's a bit of a worry. Almost as worrying as the way it sounds like a legitimate concern when Ciderman says it but somehow my brain laughs it off when it comes from Sligeach. Dude, stop being the boy who cried port/amiibo, wolves are slipping past.

Xeno 2 is definitely looking like the successor of wii xeno they share share similar looking environments and enemys, looking forward to the xmas big time, this and rocket legue

Sonic Forces - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDMLXn99P4

Superstar Saga + Bowser Minions up next... Don't think I'd heard the title before... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Superstar Saga + Bowser Minions up next... Don't think I'd heard the title before... ?

I think it was semi confirmed (the title) At least I'm sure I heard it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

GBA Mario RPG game, really good game. Looks like a minor remake.

• Advertisement

Yeah, remake with updated graphics and some additions

Im not really feeling arms, even after the testfire, feel like im missing something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Like any game, there'll be those you get and those you don't, and perhaps Arms is simply one of them, no harm, aside from the fact that you'll have to wait for their other arena battler, Splatoon 2, before there's something else essential on the system.
    Sorry....

I'm starting to feel a little glum about the Switch, just a little.... and that's from someone who just spent the last 90 minutes on BotW.

But...
    I do think this is simply the norm for a launch year system, and the line up on the Switch is still better than the comparable period on the PS4, XB1 and PS3, not the 360 as that had a pretty great line up during 05 to 06.

There, I feel better already.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Why glum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Why glum?

I'd have loved to have seen more concrete announcements from Activision, EA, Ubi, From and Rockstar for the Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd have loved to have seen more concrete announcements from Activision, EA, Ubi, From and Rockstar for the Switch.

Don't want any of that. I can play them on other systems. Give me new stuff on the switch that I can't experience anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

God when I heard minions I thought it was a despicable me/mario crossover

• Is there any special editions of Mario Odyssey planned?

Like any game, there'll be those you get and those you don't, and perhaps Arms is simply one of them, no harm, aside from the fact that you'll have to wait for their other arena battler, Splatoon 2, before there's something else essential on the system.
    Sorry....

I'm starting to feel a little glum about the Switch, just a little.... and that's from someone who just spent the last 90 minutes on BotW.

But...
    I do think this is simply the norm for a launch year system, and the line up on the Switch is still better than the comparable period on the PS4, XB1 and PS3, not the 360 as that had a pretty great line up during 05 to 06.

There, I feel better already.....

You will perk up once splatoon, mario and xeno 2 are released, i agree with you the launch wasl a little sparce but that will soon change before 18(when the game are out before 18)
    😀

Edit: please forgive slighlty inebriated aceattorney, ive been drinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Koizumi is doing an AMA on Reddit at 8.45pm Irish time tomorrow evening.

More info may come out there I think definitely.

Advertisement