Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo E3 plans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What to ask, who inspired Tingle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't want any of that. I can play them on other systems. Give me new stuff on the switch that I can't experience anywhere else.

But other people do, and why is it so hard to allow for even the possibility of a world where we have all the uniqueness that Nintendo offer *and* Red Dead Redemption 2 in the same package? You're already getting all that new stuff on the Switch that you can't experience anywhere else, you should be dancing, but that doesn't mean you should be dancing on anyone who doesn't have a gaming PC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Inevitable question time, where is GTA V for switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Inevitable question time, where is GTA V for switch?

More like where is 3rd party support, full stop? 1 game got announced today that we didn't know about. "1" Rocket League. A port of a game that's been on other platforms for the past 2 years.

Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom we've known about for months and has been the industry's worst kept secret. That's a collaboration, take that away and you're left with that scammy toys to life game Starlink: Battle for Atlas that was announced yesterday and is some time away. It's probably more for kids as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Banjo wrote: »
    But other people do, and why is it so hard to allow for even the possibility of a world where we have all the uniqueness that Nintendo offer *and* Red Dead Redemption 2 in the same package? You're already getting all that new stuff on the Switch that you can't experience anywhere else, you should be dancing, but that doesn't mean you should be dancing on anyone who doesn't have a gaming PC...

If those games do come to switch they will obviously be compromised. And even if they aren't nobody is going to rush out and buy a switch to play these games when everyone and their dog has a Xbox, PS4 or PC. Swtich needs to stand apparent from the generic console boxes to do well, like the 3DS. Offer something they don't have. Red Dead 2 isn't going to do it or sell consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sligeach wrote: »
    More like where is 3rd party support, full stop? 1 game got announced today that we didn't know about. "1" Rocket League. A port of a game that's been on other platforms for the past 2 years.

Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom we've known about for months and has been the industry's worst kept secret. That's a collaboration, take that away and you're left with that scammy toys to life game Starlink: Battle for Atlas that was announced yesterday and is some time away. It's probably more for kids as well.

Most of the big companies wrote the Switch off but are now scrambling to support it after it surprisingly sold gangbusters. Third parties are coming, they just have to get their **** together. We will probably start seeing strong Japanese support soon as well all going well.

That's 9 new amiibo announced at least today. 4 Champions; BOTW, 3 Super Mario Odyssey and 2 Metroid. You know there'll be more before E3 is over. Who even sells these besides Nintendo UK store and Amazon? And because they make so few they'll be on Ebay for at least €50 each.
    I made a mistake, there's 11 new amiibo in total. Besides the 3 Wedding SMO amiibo there's also a Koopa Troopa and a Goomba.

I could be correcting myself for quite a while. There's 13 announced today. 2 more for Fire Emblem Warriors as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Personally I'm delighted with all the news today. I'm a first time Nintendo console owner (been an Xbox man up to now) and I'm loving the mix of games coming out. Mario Rabbids and Odyssey will both be day one purchases.
    Never played a Metroid game but looking forward to trying one.
    Love sonic games.
    And then rocket league. Amazing!
    Delighted I picked up a Switch.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If those games do come to switch they will obviously be compromised. And even if they aren't nobody is going to rush out and buy a switch to play these games when everyone and their dog has a Xbox, PS4 or PC. Swtich needs to stand apparent from the generic console boxes to do well, like the 3DS. Offer something they don't have. Red Dead 2 isn't going to do it or sell consoles.

I didn't make any argument for or against the effect 3rd party cross platform releases would have on the Switch's marketability...

GTA China Town wars as an example showed fairly clearly that you can distill the essence of a game experience and rebuild it from the ground up in a manner that is both sympathetic to the shortcomings and attuned to the strengths of a platform provided the will is there.

Jesus, when did wanting some admittedly highly unlikely big cross platform titles on the Switch become the pro-life lizard overlord ginger pube of gaming? **** sake...

Im going back to my trailer to wonder where my dog has gone and why he took my PS4/xb1 with him...

Sorry to doublepost (although it's been 12 hours +) but with my busy life as lacklustre father and jaded commuter I haven't found time to watch any of the E3 presentation or Treehouse. Did Pikmin 4 get mentioned at all? I thought that was basically in the bag for Wii U and then pulled for the Switch around a year or so ago, surely they should have nothing left to do on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Sorry to doublepost (although it's been 12 hours +) but with my busy life as lacklustre father and jaded commuter I haven't found time to watch any of the E3 presentation or Treehouse. Did Pikmin 4 get mentioned at all? I thought that was basically in the bag for Wii U and then pulled for the Switch around a year or so ago, surely they should have nothing left to do on it?

no word unless its shown or mentioned during the remaining tree house lives. they didnt do the 3ds pikmin coverage yet either so maybe if/when they do that they mention it

No mention of Pikmin 4 yet. Maybe in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I was delighted when I saw the number "4" show up in the video, before going on to think "Metroid Prime" is a funny way to spell "Pikmin".

But yeah, no mention of it unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The whole Beyond Good and Evil thing is quite strange, with no formats being announced or anything. I'm not expecting it on the Switch actually but why not just say which consoles. Ancel replied to someone on Instagram I think saying 'No Switch exclusive as far as I know', that's quite a weird answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That'd be in direct response to rumours of the game being Switch exclusive for the first year.

Star Lord wrote: »
    That'd be in direct response to rumours of the game being Switch exclusive for the first year.

Oh yes, but the 'as far as I know' part is just a bit vague, for no reason really. Ancel said BGAE2 wouldn't be at E3 either, so now it's announced and most people love that they did, there shouldn't be any need for vagueness. the only reason I can think of is because the game is years away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Could also be that he's not involved with such decisions, or isn't allowed to state preference (or awareness of any preference) of any platform over another until such things are formally announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Is there more e3 goodness today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Meant to be, they mentioned at the end of yesterdays stream its gonna start with the new Yoshi game, but its also gonna be shorter as there are the ARMS and Pokken tournaments running today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Tis live here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm still waiting on hearing stuff about Pokemon Ultra S/M.

Yoshi looks nice, Woolly World was probably the most bright & cheerful game in years. A great antithesis to the vast majority of other developers wares this E3.

Wonder if this one will have solo play or is it only co-op/AI partner?

:EDIT: Salmon Run mode in Splatoon 2 up next, wonder if they go full 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yoshi looks nice, Woolly World was probably the most bright & cheerful game in years. A great antithesis to the vast majority of other developers wares this E3.

According to that treehouse stream right there, its got co-op.

:EDIT: Salmon Run mode in Splatoon 2 up next, wonder if they go full 100%

I think Woolly World looks nicer than that trailer for the new Yoshi game yesterday. There's something about it, it just doesn't have the charm. I don't know if it's that it's made using Unreal Engine 4.0. I've found that before with games using that engine, they seem sterile, kinda cold. Of course, they've plenty of time to make it better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

New username for you "Negative Nelly"
    I can see a tie in ladybird book and a range of t-shirts

Some more good news from Nintendo & Miyamoto on Pikmin 4.
    "We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."
    "I've been told not to share anything about this from PR," Miyamoto laughed, "but I can tell you it is progressing."

"It's actually very close to completion," Miyamoto said at the time. "Pikmin teams are always working on the next one."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

While not a release date or such, confirmation it still exists is always nice.

There will apparently be new content revealed in ARMS during the tournament later on.

Corholio wrote: »
    There will apparently be new content revealed in ARMS during the tournament later on.

Sequel LEGS already close to completion? God help us when they show how Twintelle adapts to the paradigm shift... Who'd the kids console now?

Dear God Nintendo...why you make such catchy music??

A departure from Galaxys orchestral stuff but still love it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dear God Nintendo...why you make such catchy music??

A departure from Galaxys orchestral stuff but still love it.

Takes me back to this from Katamari Damacy, on the PS2, pure genius

Advertisement