Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo E3 plans

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

From Koizumis (produce of Mario odyssey and even a ton of Zelda games) Reddit AMA
    Mr Koizumi would you rather fight 1 horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?
    Koizumi wrote:
    Horse sized duck. It looks really cute, and maybe if I feed it, it will let me ride it.

There is now calls for a giant duck mount in the 2nd BoTW DLC.....I am ok with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nothing too big I would imagine from this tweet. But the whole 'nothing anyone would ever anticipate' thing is interesting.

Was gonna guess amiibo for Arms, but doesn't really fit with with 'nothing anyone would ever anticipate' thing, unless he was being slyly sarcastic :P

https://twitter.com/trintran/status/875108487751114753

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Looks like he's backpedalling more now, but interested to see nonetheless!

Its gonna be a new 3DS game apparently... Just give me more Switch games, cmon Nintendo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well they said its a new game to reveal on 3DS, no idea what it is.

New 3DS game it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

callling it now, ever oasis from grezzo

Edit: spectacularly wrong

Sounds like it was meant in the 'it's very weird/wacky' way rather than it's a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

An x-rated 2D Zelda?

'Your Breath on my Face'

• Advertisement

....its a game about sushi?

....its a game about sushi?

Naturally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Poor Bills gonna suffer on Twitter for that.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Poor Bills gonna suffer on Twitter for that.

Nah I think people knows that he trolls and its all in good form! The people over on Gaf seem to be having a right laugh at him and how they all fell for it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be fair to him, it's a new game and he just wanted people to tune in for it.
    I mean it's cool they let people know it's happening instead of just assuming everyone is watching the whole of Treehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pac1Man wrote:
    An x-rated 2D Zelda?

Not realistic either but I'd love to see them use the prototype they made for BOTW & make a 2D Zelda built around it.
    This Sushi game ain't going to be the next "how does this work" Pocket Jockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Yoshi (Working Title) - Demonstration - Nintendo E3 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLud5yoWIQ

Watching the trailer yesterday for this I was indifferent to it but after watching this video, it has grown on me a lot. It looks really nice and the front and back play to the levels is a cool idea. I'm now very interested in seeing more of it.

The same thing happened yesterday, the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer looked rough to me in the small snippets of gameplay shown. Then I watched the Treehouse Live, it looked much better and they also acknowledged that it wasn't completely smooth but that the game would be polished in the months leading right up to release.

So that's 3 games that I'm interested in now for Switch that I've seen properly, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Yoshi. Am I missing a game? I kinda feel like I am.

Edit: Good-Feel are developing this game, so that's reassuring news.

That ARMS Tournament final was great, and the winner fighting Mr. Yabuki, the producer of Arms afterwards. Yabuki was fantastic, all this talk of spamming throws to win fights and he hardly used any at all to win, just pure skill. Great to watch.

Yeah....don't think we'll see BGAE2 for quite a few years, if at all. Interview with Ancel.

“There’s still a lot of work to do,” Ancel says, “but we now really believe that we’re going to make this game.”It all sounds incredibly ambitious, especially when you consider that Ancel also wants to treat Beyond Good & Evil 2 as something of an early access title, with a community of players offering feedback and testing early prototypes
    He describes the game’s current status as “day zero of development.”
    (Ancel says that “two weeks ago there were no graphics”) while aspects like combat and any kind of narrative aspect had yet to be implemented.

sligeach wrote: »
    So that's 3 games that I'm interested in now for Switch that I've seen properly, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Yoshi. Am I missing a game? I kinda feel like I am.

Mario Tennis Deluxe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sligeach wrote: »
    Watching the trailer yesterday for this I was indifferent to it but after watching this video, it has grown on me a lot. It looks really nice and the front and back play to the levels is a cool idea. I'm now very interested in seeing more of it.

I thought it was Wooly/Yarn Yoshi in a kinda cardboard or Paper Mario style world this time around, but it looks more like a felt Yoshi, and the eggs behind him look that way too. And judging by the rough cardboard/crayon style to the different areas/buildings etc, I'd say this is effectively going to be "Yoshi's Crafty World", though they'll probably name it something based on the flipping mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

E3 ended about 1/2 an hour ago. Found today very disappointing, it was largely repeating what happened yesterday. Where were the surprises? I thought Nintendo said they had more and that they had more 3rd party announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Maybe they're waiting till everyone goes home, then they'll turn the cameras back on - Surprise! - and we're getting a Switch Exclusive Star Wars game with 3rd person motion-controlled light-sabre combat and force powers? #don'tstopbelieving #GreatNintexpectations #ImHighOnLemsipRightNowDontJudgeMe

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New direct next month for Splatoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

We must be due an indie direct yoo. And stuff for online if virtual console gets running at some point this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I don't like Directs dedicated to one game only. If it's a game I'm not interested in, the issue is obvious. If it's a game that I am interested in, a dedicated Direct is just too much information/spoilers in advance.

I can get behind an Indie direct/VC direct, but I'm reading Reggie's comments as being pretty chilly on likelihood of anything VC for now.

Advertisement