Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo E3 plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

5PM this day next week and the wait will finally be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Leaving work early that day. Thankfully only takes about 5 or 10 mins to get home.
    So come in at 830 and leave at 430. Be home in loads of time. Then it's a case of finding the best stream to watch.
    I think youtube is usually my preferred one for the Directs

I hope Nintendo remember they have the Treehouse and so don't spend too much time focusing on one game. Like announce the game, have a brief trailer and move on. I think outside of the Testfires, the Treehouse sold Splatoon better than the E3 presentation did. Same with other games announced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Leaked exclusive images of the games line up from Nintendo for the Switch!!!!

Crowley-Port-Manzanillo-Crane-Move_slideshow_large.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZHURvGJsaTQdUx3N46_dGp7thvV6MbPMCU8EIOPYfPgaT-FXxhw

port_rijeka.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnTv6bcdVBOmyBhxOlah_Z6N0NBREfCjP8zVbxccwNZ6L7cWRKCg

A series of ports!

You've got to laugh though... or you'd cry!

Aw, got my hopes up that we were finally getting a game adaptation of the tv series Tugs

• Advertisement

And this year Nintendo's E3 will take place in PORTugal. Sorry!(but not really)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wonder if they'll do that very Nintendo thing, where they show something then tell us it's on the eshop after the video?

Part 1 of the BotW DLC perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

VC or NESflix?

v3.0 of the OS? Skinnable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A big Pokemon reveal followed by Magikarp Jump : Switch Edition!
    Maybe with a new Way of the Karp 1st person mode so you can experience the thrill of the jump like never before?

EA's Press Conference is on tonight at 8PM. I'm thinking EA won't show the Switch version today. They probably don't want it detracting from the main version. I can see it being shown during Nintendo's Direct, but just a brief glimpse though and then it'll disappear until just before release. I think its stench is so bad they don't want to scare everyone away too soon. It could be embargoed right up until launch. It's happened before with other games on Nintendo hardware. We'll see.

• Advertisement

A few photos of the Nintendo E3 booth being set up.
    NintendoBooth-E3-2017-Construction3.jpg

NintendoBooth-E3-2017-Construction1.jpg

NintendoBooth-E3-2017-Construction2.jpg

They're going big on Super Mario Odyssey and recreating New Donk City.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Sin and Punishment rumour floating around is left field but would be great. Although I think, along with W101/102, it is probably just a rumour.

Corholio wrote: »
    The Sin and Punishment rumour floating around is left field but would be great. Although I think, along with W101/102, it is probably just a rumour.

That Sin & Punishment rumour has no basis at all. It's as believable as a "my uncle who works at Nintendo" rumour. Supposedly it came from some "guy working on the booths". That's clutching. Now what I would say in its favour would be that Star Fox Zero and S&P are kind of similar and Platinum Games have the experience and engine there to do it.

Ya it probably has no basis, like a lot of stuff that comes out this time of year. I think the original supposed 'leak' said something like 'a Platinum games' type game it was, so who knows.

Live @ EA Play: Featuring Star Wars Battlefront 2, FIFA 18, Need For Speed, Madden 18 and More...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BB0ambDQw

Starts in less than 4 minutes. It's a little late.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

I was going to buy FIFA whatever they released but surely most people will be happy with that news?

https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-18-nintendo-switch#

Ultimate Team is there anyway which is good. No Journey mode, don't think that's too much of a big deal. Some mode called 'Kick Off' just on the Switch version. No screens of it shown yet I don't think, just a poor resolution overlay in one of the shots. Hopefully it looks and plays decent.

From the FIFA 18 site:

"With advanced rendering technology, FIFA 18 on Switch delivers the most technologically-advanced portable FIFA experience ever. Brand-new pitch environments, realistic character likeness, and new gameplay mechanics, all built for Switch.

With FIFA Ultimate Team, Career Mode, Switch Kick Off, and Local Seasons, FIFA 18 built for Switch offers fans more depth in modes than any other portable console."

https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-18-nintendo-switch

Gimped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sligeach wrote: »
    From the FIFA 18 site:

"With advanced rendering technology, FIFA 18 on Switch delivers the most technologically-advanced portable FIFA experience ever. Brand-new pitch environments, realistic character likeness, and new gameplay mechanics, all built for Switch.

With FIFA Ultimate Team, Career Mode, Switch Kick Off, and Local Seasons, FIFA 18 built for Switch offers fans more depth in modes than any other portable console."

https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-18-nintendo-switch

Gimped.

I love how you've put a negative spin on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I don't think the success or appeal of the Switch will depend of a Fifa game. If you want the full fat version, just buy it for one of the other consoles. Hardly a travesty!

If the Switch version plays well, that is all that matters.

• Advertisement

I love how you've put a negative spin on it.

No spin from me, it's right there in black and white. Does Nintendo describe any of their games on the Switch as the most technologically-advanced portable experience ever? Actually, has any developer described their Switch game as such?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    No spin from me, it's right there in black and white. Does Nintendo describe any of their games on the Switch as the most technologically-advanced portable experience ever? Actually, has any developer described their Switch game as such?

In fairness you can't market it as "gimped version of the PS4 game" and it feels like that's the only slogan you'd have accepted. They've given the engine and mode limitations the most positive and hyperbolic spin they can. Let's just hope they don't NBA Playgrounds the coding...
    I don't think the success or appeal of the Switch will depend of a Fifa game
    It only matters if EAs future with the Switch depends on it. Then it's success or failure sets a tone for the big 3rd parties...and that is something the success or appeal of the Switch might at least lean on.

To be fair the very early impressions online from people who have played it first hand are reasonably decent towards it, and I was very pessimistic about the version EA can bring. Well you can play it portable, I think that'll be a big selling point towards the version, while seemingly being fine docked as well. I don't think mentioning portable means much, just utilising in words the difference between this and the other versions. We already of course it's not the same as PS4 or Xbox.

EA do the most boring conferences there is. I'm glad it was on at the start. So much inane crap throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Banjo wrote: »
    It only matters if EAs future with the Switch depends on it. Then it's success or failure sets a tone for the big 3rd parties...and that is something the success or appeal of the Switch might at least lean on.

Shirly 7799267340_b0659f1352_s.jpg EA and other third parties are looking at the same console sales figures we are though?

I wouldn't underestimate the appeal of a portable Fifa either if the gameplay is sound. I still have fond memories of Pro Evo 5 on the PSP over a decade ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Come on now Sligeach, it was always going to be like this.
    The game is never going to look best in class because the system, in terms of sheer power, isn't best in class.
    To pick up on the word "portable" as indicative of the game being gimped or hobbled is, to be honest, a mistake.
    The game appears to be designed to the Switch's strengths, as opposed to the lowest common denominator work going into the PS4 and XB1 version.

Miyamoto has been spotted at the E3 Convention Centre

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So we gonna hear something today, is that right?

• When does the Nintendo part start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well Reggie appeared on Geoff Keighleys E3 show and said the presentation is 25 minutes long but is a fast, quick announcement type deal; just say "X is coming out" and move on. The live Treehouse afterwards is where more info will be shown.

Advertisement