Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo E3 plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think at this point in E3, I'll just be happy to see more than a handful of single player games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This 'Space Monkey' stuff as well is weird. It seems like its some form of fan collaborative input, don't know if that will involve some form of fan funding as well.

It didn't feel like BGAE, it seemed like some edgy sci fi comedy. Who knows how and when it'll turn out though.

So far, FIFA and Mario-Rabbids have been nice surprises in terms of expectation. Looking forward to the Spotlight and Treehouse tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

BG&E2 looks bloody amazing. Very adult too! I wonder what are the odds of a Switch version?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Massive Fifth Element vibe too, no surprise given the French origins of both.
    Breath taking, just hope for a Switch version now.

Hard to tell from a CGI trailer what it will be like though, and the 'online' talk during it was reassuring. I didn't really like the whole adult vibe off it to be honest, but that maybe just being nostalgic about the original. It looked absolutely beautiful definitely, but just a very weird segment with the footage and lack of info about it. I also have a feeling we'll be seeing Shenmue 3 before we'll be seeing this :P

• Advertisement

As someone said on IGN, when he started writing years ago, the 5 main games that fans wanted were BG&E2, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Shenmue 3, Last Guardian and Half Life 3.
    I guess 4 out of 5 will have to do, like the Capcom 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Warning: rant incoming

God I HATE all this pretentious bs that surrounds so many of these so-called triple A games I've seen at E3 2017 so far. So much focus (and money) spent on cut-scenes and begging to convince of some deeper meaning and that I should be super emotionally invested in their GAME. Yes GAME. And all the while the actual game offers little in terms of anything remotely engaging. It's just the same game that I saw in a presentation 5 mins ago by rival developer - shooting a tonne of crap and blowing stuff up, and gratuitous violence ooooooh.

So.... thank goodness for Nintendo! For always doing their own thing. Always seeking to excite and innovate! With a supreme emphasis on FUN.

Would like them to announce that Splatoon 2 will support the Wii U gamepad. Won't happen but it'd be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bob Gelding just give us the bleeding Snes Mini quote needed.

• Nintendo to win e3 confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Microsoft and Sony's E3 weren't great. All Nintendo has to do is show Mario and it'll be more exciting and it'll 'win' E3 for me.

Big day, guys. Fingers crossed for a few surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Be careful what you wish for.
    Splat2n going cross platform would be a surprise.
    Metroid and F-Zero franchises being re-aligned as mobile-based match-3 micro-transaction grindfests would be a surprise.
    GC games still not coming to VC would not be a surprise, but they'd need to offer us some consistency to get our heart rates back down.

I wonder is there any chance they'll release Super Smash Bros Deluxe for free for a limited time on Switch but you can only play the characters you unlock by scanning the relevant amiibo? That'd be a surprise.... (even if it's a lot like what they did with Wii U Sports) And would make me feel a lot better about those drunken Bayonetta pre-orders...

I'm gonna let vague neogaf rumours convince me that Metroid will be there then be dissapointed when it isn't!

• I'm excited to see more of Mario Odyssey

I'm gonna let vague neogaf rumours convince me that Metroid will be there then be dissapointed when it isn't!

I'll hold you to that!

What are you during here anyway? Aren't you exclusive to PlayStation? :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'll hold you to that!

What are you during here anyway? Aren't you exclusive to PlayStation? :)

Spider-Man loves playing his switch!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

My guess is Metroid in the style of Super Metroid. Then a tonne of emphasis on Mario Odyssey, and further promotion of Arms, Splatoon 2, Pokken. Probably a little segment promoting upcoming Nindies too. Possibly another Wii U port too - maybe something like Yoshi's Wooly World.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sony's E3 effort was uninspiring, it's all up to Nintendo now.
    The announcement of Monster Hunter World on PS4/XB1 and not Switch might be of concern, though there could be something exclusive this evening... let's hope so!

And, for those that bemoan the WiiU releases on the Switch, keep in mind that significant releases announced at the E3 for both the PS4 and XB1 were HD remakes, VR reimaginings and backwards compatibility reveals.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Monster Hunter World is more of a spin off. Apparently the community is a bit split on it. I'd say the true monster hunter is coming to switch and 3ds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rainway will be sharing "some exciting news" which happens to be just after Nintendo's E3 presentation.

Rainway on switch would be incredible.

https://rainway.io/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Is RainWay that Steam app?

Literally playing Steam games on the Switch?

Rainway is an upcoming program that allows you to play your favorite PC games on nearly any device. Some of our newly developed software techniques allow games to be transmitted from your computer to another device in super-high quality, and with practically no lag.

Rainway's signature feature is that it's available on any device with a web browser. You'll simply visit play.rainway.io, log in, and kick back with your favorite games. Native apps for Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and other platforms are being developed to provide an even more seamless experience.

While the technology to watch PC games live has been around for a few years now, Rainway while using very few system resources allows you to completely play your games from the comfort of anywhere, anytime, on anything.

The best part is that practically any modern PC is compatible. You don't need to purchase any additional computer hardware and did we mention that it's free? That's right, no more 50 dollar boxes or subscription fees, the Rainway experience will be available free of charge for life.

We hope to build a community around Rainway and continue to grow our technology to truly new heights. We will have some media to show off in the coming weeks, but in the mean time pre-register today at the form below to ensure your inclusion in the May 5th beta.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/rainway_app_promises_60fps_streaming_of_pc_games_to_consoles_like_the_nintendo_switch

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it does come to the switch, then Monster Hunter Worlds on the Switch may be possible... :pac:

I'd also save on Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, Shantae, etc. etc.

Depends on latency, but we'll see.

People could try Hollow Knight via Rainway, say "feck this, it's too slow but I wanna play it on switch" and buy the eshop version because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We (excluding me) could even see Skyrim early on switch in a sneaky double bluff kinda way, ah the joys of sideloading games through an exploitable loophole.

For me, anything that's a big surprise will be a bonus today. Looking forward to seeing more of Xenoblade and Mario Odyssey, maybe early news on Smash and Shin Megami as well. A lot of it will be beefing up information on announced games. I'm sure there may be one or two left field ones but I wouldn't expect a lot. Hopefully no embarrassing 'Tropical Freeze' style meltdowns from the internet after :P

After watching Sony's conference last night I do think it shows the less need for stage shows more than ever, Sony could have easily had that in a Direct style show and would hardly have made a difference. I like both ways in certain forms definitely, but last nights one was very footage formed, as it should be of course.

Would be nice to see what Retro have been working on these past few years though, and maybe news on that game from Platinum, as they have been very quiet at this years E3.

So, what's the rainway thingy going to do for me, seeing as I don't have a gaming pc?
    I suppose, at the very least, I can run Netflix and Plex on the PC and stream to the Switch....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What I'm looking forward to is:

- Super Mario Odyssey
    - Xenoblade 2
    - Shin Megami Tensei
    - Surprises, lots of them hopefully
    - Please let there me a new Metroid game, not in 1st person though
    - Some big 3rd party games
    - Pikmin 4
    - Mother 3
    - Some Virtual Console titles
    - SNES Classic Mini

There was a rotten rumour that Retro are working on Donkey Kong Racing. I don't know if they've the talent anymore to make a Metroid game. Most of who made the Prime series have left Retro Studios and it's a decade since MP3.

And there's bound to be a couple of turds announced. Casual $*1*€ to attract, well, the casual market. I had an idea of what it could be but I can't remember.

Advertisement