Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo E3 plans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

25 Minutes, no fluff. Thats how its done! Beautiful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well, that was good.

If that Mario Odessey song is anywhere near the game, you better be able to turn it into Japanese. T'would remind me of Ouedan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

magnumbud wrote: »
    what if it involved space pirates :D:D:D

ahem :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mario gameplay on the treehouse now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The purple coins remind me of the orbs in Crackdown. There will be a lot of exploring to track them all down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Something that was only shown very quickly but Testsuya Nomura is the character designer for Xenoblade.

Rocket League will have Cross Platform play with Xbox and PC, but not PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nintendo pulled E3 back from being boring for the second year in a row!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looks like they're trying to do for Mario what Breath of the Wild did for Zelda.

I'm gonna let vague neogaf rumours convince me that Metroid will be there then be dissapointed when it isn't!

Vague Neogaf rumours win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's going to be very interesting to see who is developing Metroid. From the vagueness of it, perhaps in-house?

Amazing to see though. When I saw the 4, Metroid didn't actually come to mind at all and then when it appeared.....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Could Metroid be this year? He said we are focusing on games that are for 2017, then immediately showed Metroid.

No, it said "In development", followed by "2018"

[edit] Could be wrong, Youtube clip of it from EuroGamer doesn't show that, but I doubt it'd be 2017!

Corholio wrote: »
    Amazing to see though. When I saw the 4, Metroid didn't actually come to mind at all and then when it appeared.....

giphy.gif

The music did it for me! When I saw the stars, I didn't dare to hope, and then BAM! Shivers down my spine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Great showing from Nintendo. Delighted with Rocket League being announced and genuinely punched the air when the Metroid Prime sounds started.

Mario Odyssey looks very different from what I expected but I'd be confident that it'll be a great game.

The lack of virtual console announcement is the only real disappointment. Hopefully there's something mentioned in the Treehouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm sold now. Mario, Xenoblade and Rabbids coming out this year along with what we know already.

Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem & Pokémon next year and who knows what else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

A mario between worlds 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I was wondering how many "METROID"'s there would be :D

Good show from Nintendo, Wooly Yoshi and Mario Oddessy look unreal

Mario looks unreal. The 2D areas look amazing. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    First look? KIRBY!!!
    That's Ciderman happy!!!

Hooray for me!
    And, if I know modern Kirby games, that trailer won't have even scratched the surface of the tricks and fun they'll have in the game.
    Pure genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Star Lord wrote: »
    Well done Nintendo... You nailed it, no matter what Sligeach tells you! ;)

I thought it was terrible. 1 game from 3rd parties. A port of an old game(Rocket League). Metroid Prime 4(I hope it's not primarily first person), great. Zero footage? Pokemon RPG. Don't care and zero footage. More 2D platformers. So much talking, wasting half the time of the paltry 25 minutes. The voice acting in Xenoblade 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors was terrible. Very little gameplay shown from Xenoblade 2 and it was rough. Mario + Rabbids we've known about for yonks. Super Mario Odyssey looks strange and jarring in some places. Watching the Treehouse Live now, I like it. Mario's always good.

• I've actually stopped myself watching Mario. Don't want to spoil any more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thought it was a decent showing.
    Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well as Kirby and Metroid Prime 4 to come, all good.
    The Yoshi game looks like a cracking follow up to the other Kirby titles, maintaining the hand made aesthetic, lovely.
    Plenty I didn't see that I'd have loved to see, from FZero to Dark Souls.
    But otherwise it was a solid showing

sligeach wrote: »
    I thought it was terrible. 1 game from 3rd parties. A port of an old game(Rocket League). Metroid Prime 4(I hope it's not primarily first person), great. Zero footage? Pokemon RPG. Don't care and zero footage. More 2D platformers. So much talking, wasting half the time of the paltry 25 minutes. The voice acting in Xenoblade 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors was terrible. Very little gameplay shown from Xenoblade 2 and it was rough. Mario + Rabbids we've known about for yonks. Super Mario Odyssey looks strange and jarring in some places. Watching the Treehouse Live now, I like it. Mario's always good.

Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I've actually stopped myself watching Mario. Don't want to spoil any more.

Ya me too. It's like a fekin magnet though.

They just announced New Mario amiibos on the treehouse.

419769.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »

I think you should have been paying more attention at the start to the whole fun thing. Rocket League, PORTABLE Rocket League, will be massive.

I was happy with the E3 showing, and there's enough coming through to do me for the year. Good showing, but can we hurry up with the VC already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Thought the 25 minute video was terrible tbh, somehow the made a mere 25 minutes feel dragged out.

Happy to see Rocket League as I ve never played it.

Looking forward to Mario but its a bit trippy so far and that song is wrecking my head, but looks like the a donkey kong reveal to come in Odessy
    yet?

Metroid 4 is my stand out moment but again ****e why to reveal it!! Whose making it, whens it out any info like? Looks like the threw it in last minute, glad its Prime 4 so means should be Treble AAA follow up.

Ubisoft saved it for nintendo this year, great to see their support and loved Emotions of your man and also Michel Ancel in tears over. Beyond Good & Evil 2, was hoping that be Nintendos big reveal, that it be exclusive.

Crap Presentation, but happy we have plenty coming in next 6 months, Arms, Splatoon2, Mario, Rocket League and the Rabbits game, Plenty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Theres another Metroid for 3DS!!!

Advertisement