Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Build House Question

Options
  • 11-05-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have what may seem to be a silly question (After speaking with a Bank) in relation to a site I am interested in purchasing.

My question is if I go ahead with the construction of the house on the proposed site using a Builder Is this still considered as a self build as it is not in a housing estate and is a one off development.

My understanding was that a self build was where you employed trades and services yourself to complete the work (Direct Labour)

Can anyone confirm this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Yes it is still regarded as a self build.

Self builds are done in two ways;

1. You manage the build yourself and coordinate all the trades. This is more stressful and takes a lot of time

2. You contract the build to one main contractor who manages all the trades. Less stressful but will cost bit more than option 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Thanks for clearing that up delfagio

Advertisement