Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An utter joke of a company

• 11-05-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Apologies, this is a long one. I have bolded the main points if anyone wanted to just skim through it.

I have never come across a more inept company in my life. It's an absolute nightmare that because of where I live I am a slave to their connection as there is no company that can provide fibre broadband otherwise.

It started off in January when a rep called to the house (unusually) saying the eir Fibre was now available to my address. He spent a while chatting to me about it but then when he realised I was an existing customer he wanted out of there straight away - said just to ring up eir and I'll get connected.

I duly did the following month and was also told fibre was available. Happy days I thought and went ahead with the order. Engineer was due to call out on Thursday morning so I took that Thursday off work.

Thursday afternoon came and still no sign of the engineer. Called eir - and that's where the fun started.

I was passed from this department to that department and back again - several times. Then eir told me that they cannot do anything about the order until the engineers (from the equally awful KN Group) log it on their system that the job is complete/incomplete. I said can you not just contact them directly yourselves to tell them to do what they were supposed to do - they work for you after all.

I was told that it doesn't work like that and they've no contact with them or the order until it's logged in the system. Eir said the engineer may still call out -  he may just be delayed. We waited then until 5:30 and no sign, phone call, nothing from anyone. A complete waste of a day off work. Rang Eir to get answers but got nothing.

Frustrated by it all I rang up a few times to get answers and to see if I could actually get the fibre installed. After several contacts again (every time you talk to some one you have to explain the entire story to each one - they don't seem to keep notes!!).

So i was told by the tech dept that the KN Group engineer did not bother to call out as there was a fault on our line and they would need to send their own Eir engineer out to fix it (in 3-5 working days). An Eir rep phoned me later then to say that she was sorry for all the trouble and confusion but it appeared Fibre was not available to my home after all until the end of May/beginning of June and that they would ring me when it was, if I was still interested.

An Eir engineer then called out to the house and he said there was no fault on the line at all and that he doesn't know how they can tell at HQ as you need to be physically out at the house to know. He called his own company a useless shower. I didn't disagree. He also told us that fibre was available to the house and he doesn't know why his own company don't simply have it connected - he said he could not do it himself unfortunately.

At this point I just gave up. I didn't even bother to ring Eir to complain/inform. A couple of days later I got a phone call from an Eir Rep asking me if I would like to upgrade to Fibre!! 

I said you are joking me - I was just told by a rep a couple of days ago it's not available until end of May/June. She checked her "system' and said it was definitely available if I would like to go ahead. 
    Foolish me said yeah sure go ahead - an Engineer will be out to do the install Thursday morning May 11th she told me.

Grand says I - I'll take the day off to let him in. She said yeah, I don't know what happened originally but it will definitely be installed this time.

Here I am, May 11th. Eir texted a reminder last night to say the install will be carried out between 9am and 1pm.

Then this morning, A KN Group engineer phoned to say he cannot carry out the install as he only knew how to connect Cabinet to home and we were fibre to home. We would need to get back to Eir again about or contactKN Group - gave us the phone number. 

I rang the KN Group number - NOBODY answers at anytime. It's one of those fake phone numbers I would say. 

Rang Eir then and back to the start again where they said they cannot do anything until KN Group processes the order in the system stating why the install didn't go ahead. She said they usually don't do this until the end of the day. So here is another day off Completely wasted for nothing.

I asked her to pass me on to someone above her - she said hold the line and she would pass me on to her supervisor. On hold for 20 mins she got back saying no supervisor was available and she was sorry that they could not do anything. There is no point talking to Customer Care - it's no their fault - but they just do not have the info to help in any scenario as far as I can see.

The fact now is I have to sit back and wait for this to pan out and see will I get a call back and go through the same rigamarole again. 

Fibre is necessary for my work plans in the future. IF I do get Fibre from eir, well and good.
    If however, another company comes along at any time offering Fibre - I will drop Eir like a hot snot.
    I will push friends and family to never go near eir. I will do all I can in my working environment for ever more to push for people to leave eir as a provider. I will be contacting ComReg and the Dept of Communications.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Rackard wrote: »
    Apologies, this is a long one. I have bolded the main points if anyone wanted to just skim through it.

I have never come across a more inept company in my life. It's an absolute nightmare that because of where I live I am a slave to their connection as there is no company that can provide fibre broadband otherwise.

It started off in January when a rep called to the house (unusually) saying the eir Fibre was now available to my address. He spent a while chatting to me about it but then when he realised I was an existing customer he wanted out of there straight away - said just to ring up eir and I'll get connected.

I duly did the following month and was also told fibre was available. Happy days I thought and went ahead with the order. Engineer was due to call out on Thursday morning so I took that Thursday off work.

Thursday afternoon came and still no sign of the engineer. Called eir - and that's where the fun started.

I was passed from this department to that department and back again - several times. Then eir told me that they cannot do anything about the order until the engineers (from the equally awful KN Group) log it on their system that the job is complete/incomplete. I said can you not just contact them directly yourselves to tell them to do what they were supposed to do - they work for you after all.

I was told that it doesn't work like that and they've no contact with them or the order until it's logged in the system. Eir said the engineer may still call out -  he may just be delayed. We waited then until 5:30 and no sign, phone call, nothing from anyone. A complete waste of a day off work. Rang Eir to get answers but got nothing.

Frustrated by it all I rang up a few times to get answers and to see if I could actually get the fibre installed. After several contacts again (every time you talk to some one you have to explain the entire story to each one - they don't seem to keep notes!!).

So i was told by the tech dept that the KN Group engineer did not bother to call out as there was a fault on our line and they would need to send their own Eir engineer out to fix it (in 3-5 working days). An Eir rep phoned me later then to say that she was sorry for all the trouble and confusion but it appeared Fibre was not available to my home after all until the end of May/beginning of June and that they would ring me when it was, if I was still interested.

An Eir engineer then called out to the house and he said there was no fault on the line at all and that he doesn't know how they can tell at HQ as you need to be physically out at the house to know. He called his own company a useless shower. I didn't disagree. He also told us that fibre was available to the house and he doesn't know why his own company don't simply have it connected - he said he could not do it himself unfortunately.

At this point I just gave up. I didn't even bother to ring Eir to complain/inform. A couple of days later I got a phone call from an Eir Rep asking me if I would like to upgrade to Fibre!! 

I said you are joking me - I was just told by a rep a couple of days ago it's not available until end of May/June. She checked her "system' and said it was definitely available if I would like to go ahead. 
    Foolish me said yeah sure go ahead - an Engineer will be out to do the install Thursday morning May 11th she told me.

Grand says I - I'll take the day off to let him in. She said yeah, I don't know what happened originally but it will definitely be installed this time.

Here I am, May 11th. Eir texted a reminder last night to say the install will be carried out between 9am and 1pm.

Then this morning, A KN Group engineer phoned to say he cannot carry out the install as he only knew how to connect Cabinet to home and we were fibre to home. We would need to get back to Eir again about or contactKN Group - gave us the phone number. 

I rang the KN Group number - NOBODY answers at anytime. It's one of those fake phone numbers I would say. 

Rang Eir then and back to the start again where they said they cannot do anything until KN Group processes the order in the system stating why the install didn't go ahead. She said they usually don't do this until the end of the day. So here is another day off Completely wasted for nothing.

I asked her to pass me on to someone above her - she said hold the line and she would pass me on to her supervisor. On hold for 20 mins she got back saying no supervisor was available and she was sorry that they could not do anything. There is no point talking to Customer Care - it's no their fault - but they just do not have the info to help in any scenario as far as I can see.

The fact now is I have to sit back and wait for this to pan out and see will I get a call back and go through the same rigamarole again. 

Fibre is necessary for my work plans in the future. IF I do get Fibre from eir, well and good.
    If however, another company comes along at any time offering Fibre - I will drop Eir like a hot snot.
    I will push friends and family to never go near eir. I will do all I can in my working environment for ever more to push for people to leave eir as a provider. I will be contacting ComReg and the Dept of Communications.
    Looks like the problem lies more with KN Networks TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Rackard

MajorMax wrote: »

Looks like the problem lies more with KN Networks TBH
    True looks like it but they are employed by eir and they never approached me to install fibre at any time. 
    All falls back on eir.

Update-Just got through to KN Group. They said they were told it was a modem connection install only this morning. The fella that was sent out could no do this this. So they had passed the job on to another engineer that could do the full install - when, out of the blue, Eir cancelled the whole thing!!!

KN Group then cannot do anything until it's ordered again.

This is unbelievable at this stage!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi  Rackard,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am very sorry to hear of your experiences to date.

I'm afraid when waiting on a technician we do not have the authorization to contact them and unfortunately do require to wait for the technician to update the order notes for us to look into this further.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look into what has happened on this order and when it is due to be installed?

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi  Rackard,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am very sorry to hear of your experiences to date.

I'm afraid when waiting on a technician we do not have the authorization to contact them and unfortunately do require to wait for the technician to update the order notes for us to look into this further.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look into what has happened on this order and when it is due to be installed?

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Rackard, 

I will pass this feedback onto Anna.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭storker

Why do companies implement such rigid, communication-poor systems that are almost certain to end up causing a problem to the customer? WEhere did this utter contempt for customers come from?

"We can only contact so-and-so by this method..."   "We don't have access to..."

For crying out loud, is this the second decade of the 21st century...or the early 1990's?  Put in systems that will allow you to treat customers with a modicum of respect and stop messing people about. 

And. Stop. Blind-Transferring. Calls.

storker wrote: »
    Why do companies implement such rigid, communication-poor systems that are almost certain to end up causing a problem to the customer? WEhere did this utter contempt for customers come from?

"We can only contact so-and-so by this method..."   "We don't have access to..."

For crying out loud, is this the second decade of the 21st century...or the early 1990's?  Put in systems that will allow you to treat customers with a modicum of respect and stop messing people about. 

Hi storker, 

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way. I'm sure you understand we must follow data protection laws in order to protect our customers. However, thank you for your feedback and I will ensure that this is passed onto the relevant department. 

If there is anything we can assist you with here please feel free to get in touch. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Exactly. Crazy that a "Communications" company cannot communicate with their own contractors.
    However, they were able to communicate the decision to cancel the order altogether, for no reason. 
    As I was saying KN Group were organised to do the install later - but couldn't then when eir put a halt to it.

Talking to an Eir rep yesterday on the phone (I'm a glutton for torture it seems) and she said Eir would get back to me first thing this morning after 
    KN Group processed their order notes yesterday and they could then look into the matter.

Guess what?

Yep...

Nothing

Exactly. Crazy that a "Communications" company cannot communicate with their own contractors.
    However, they were able to communicate the decision to cancel the order altogether, for no reason. 
    As I was saying KN Group were organised to do the install later - but couldn't then when eir put a halt to it.

Talking to an Eir rep yesterday on the phone (I'm a glutton for torture it seems) and she said Eir would get back to me first thing this morning after 
    KN Group processed their order notes yesterday and they could then look into the matter.

Guess what?

Yep...

Nothing
    I am really sorry to hear this. However, after an installation is done it can take up to 24-48 hours for a KN technician to update their notes on our systems. Once this is done, the agent should be in touch with you. However, please feel free to PM me your details and I'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Advertisement

Guess what?

Yep...

Nothing
    I am really sorry to hear this. However, after an installation is done it can take up to 24-48 hours for a KN technician to update their notes on our systems. Once this is done, the agent should be in touch with you. However, please feel free to PM me your details and I'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    There was NO installation done. Eir cancelled it.

Hilarious now too how this "24-48 hours" thing has just come up all of a sudden. Constantly told they update their notes at end of the day and available then to Eir first thing!

I'll be told something like "3-5 working days" or some such next I suppose!

I've already PMed an Eir Anna here - no reply of course or further info updates.

Sure I'll PM you the details too for the titter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Similar situation here.

Why can Eir not communicate with KN (who they employ)…it's such a basic procedure to put in place. 
    It's disgraceful that it would take 48hours for a simple message from an engineer pass through to Eir.

You are a communication company….COMMUNICATE!!

That shoes for customers as well…i've had 3 ordered cancelled now with Eir and the only reason i am aware of any of this is because i have to chase, hound and constantly contact them myself to get any dribble of information from them.
    NOTHING gets relayed to me including the times my orders have been cancelled by them!!

guideanna wrote: »
    Similar situation here.

Why can Eir not communicate with KN (who they employ)…it's such a basic procedure to put in place. 
    It's disgraceful that it would take 48hours for a simple message from an engineer pass through to Eir.

You are a communication company….COMMUNICATE!!

That shoes for customers as well…i've had 3 ordered cancelled now with Eir and the only reason i am aware of any of this is because i have to chase, hound and constantly contact them myself to get any dribble of information from them.
    NOTHING gets relayed to me including the times my orders have been cancelled by them!!
    They're a disgrace - pure and simple.

PMed both eir:Anna and eir:Leanne here the details.

Yep...STILL nothing! No reply at all.

In fairness to the guys on here they generally do come back to you (mon-fri) but from my experience they haven't made a blind bit of difference to my order being processed, however at least with their contact i get an update on whats happening on with my ongoing saga and the odd apology thrown in!

Fault lies with the company procedure, lack of communication between departments and like another poster said blind transferring of calls.
    I must have spoken to almost every member of call centre of staff at this stage…and i'm sure they're in their hundreds!!!

I understand your frustration and I am sorry to hear you feel this way. However, once your installation is complete and your account is active on our systems, we will be able to do a line test for FTTH. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I understand your frustration and I am sorry to hear you feel this way. However, once your installation is complete and your account is active on our systems, we will be able to do a line test for FTTH. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Surely this is trolling at this stage. The OP can't get an installation because ye cancelled it with the installer and then you come back saying "once your installation is complete and your account is active on our systems, we will be able to do a line test for FTTH. "

Have you even read the thread?

Leanne have you read the OP at all.

they clearly stated the order was cancelled.

Same issue i'm having and i'm now on my FOURTH order, going around and around in circles.

Eir need to start taking control of these issues…i'm trying to get sorted since 22nd of Marh and theres still no end in sight for me….no one gives a s**te! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I am very sorry you feel this way.

I'm afraid the only result coming back to us is still a maximum of 7.0 Mb for fibre to the cabinet.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks,
    Anna

I'm afraid the only result coming back to us is still a maximum of 7.0 Mb for fibre to the cabinet.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Not sure if this response was meant for me Anna but at the risk of being accused of spamming the board i'll point anyone reading this over to my ongoing thread about the "slower speed still showing" and quickly summarize in telling you that what you are stating above is incorrect information.

The K Eigineer who was supposed to do my install last week told me FTTH is available to me. Gave me the code for the box i should be connected to etc.
    I have contacted Eir AGAIN on this and they have spoken to open air who have confirmed what i have been saying all along…FTTH is available to my address!

I'm now looking at another 4 days wait while Eir try to figure out how to correctly update their system.(again..since we already had an issue with the system holding an incorrect address for my eircode)

AND THEN…i can place ORDER NUMBER FOUR!!!!!
    The saga continues….

So frustrated with Eir it's beyond belief!

Thanks,
    Anna
    This answer to me or to guideanna?

Seems like I have more crap in store with eir if guideanna's story is anything to go by so.

Latest is I've been told my house is connected to the wrong distribution point. This won't be rectified until the end of the month apparently so from then I can get back on to eir and start the whole frustrating process yet again.

Can't wait...

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    Anna
    This answer to me or to guideanna?

Seems like I have more crap in store with eir if guideanna's story is anything to go by so.

Latest is I've been told my house is connected to the wrong distribution point. This won't be rectified until the end of the month apparently so from then I can get back on to eir and start the whole frustrating process yet again.

Can't wait...
    The answer for 7.0 Mb for fibre to the cabinet was for guideanna.

I am very sorry to hear you feel this way. Once you are connected up to the correct distribution point, your order should then flow through our systems and activate your services. As you are currently connected up to the wrong distribution point, this is delaying your order. 

I am very sorry I could not offer you any better news here.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LottieGalway

i have just had the exact same experience as you Rackard. Anyone thinking of considering Eir stay well away. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional and incompetent company. I'm disgusted that such a company can be in business today, i would have only expected this kind of service from a cowboy builder not a national communication service company. There is zero customer service at this company. You might be lucky and get everything done smoothly but if there is ever an issue it will be complete torture to get it resolved as from my experience their customer service number takes up to an hour to get through if you are lucky of course, as they nearly always drop your call before they even mutter a hello, so you have to redial and wait another hour.
     Its 2018 what kind of company drops calls regularly and has wait times of an hour and calls this customer service.  
    When you finally get through to a human in their customer service, and have that very brief moment of feeling like you have won something, its just another disaster of being sent from billy to jack.

Do yourself a favour and stay well away from EIR, its just not worth it. Never again from me anyway that is for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

i have just had the exact same experience as you Rackard. Anyone thinking of considering Eir stay well away. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional and incompetent company. I'm disgusted that such a company can be in business today, i would have only expected this kind of service from a cowboy builder not a national communication service company. There is zero customer service at this company. You might be lucky and get everything done smoothly but if there is ever an issue it will be complete torture to get it resolved as from my experience their customer service number takes up to an hour to get through if you are lucky of course, as they nearly always drop your call before they even mutter a hello, so you have to redial and wait another hour.
     Its 2018 what kind of company drops calls regularly and has wait times of an hour and calls this customer service.  
    When you finally get through to a human in their customer service, and have that very brief moment of feeling like you have won something, its just another disaster of being sent from billy to jack.

Do yourself a favour and stay well away from EIR, its just not worth it. Never again from me anyway that is for sure!
    Just had a similar experience with Eir's customer service. I purchased their broadband and TV package and was guaranteed it would be installed on 24/12, which I was admittedly skeptical about. So naturally I got a text today saying it will be installed on 28/12. I tried the online customer service chat and they could do nothing other than give me the number for 'Open Eir'. I rang that and it turns out 'Open Eir' is just a cover name for KN Group. I'll say one thing about KN, there's none of the fake sincerity you usually get from customer service types. I was told in no uncertain terms that I had not bought anything or booked anything with them and my objection wasn't their problem. I'm surprised they didn't sign off with a 'go **** yourself'. 

At this point there was nothing for it but to ring Eir's customer service number. After over 30 minutes on hold I finally got through to a real live rep. He was actually pretty friendly and understanding, though he didn't sound hopeful that he could do much. He eventually said he'd contact Open Eir himself and see if he could work something out, so he put me on hold. 5 minutes later the hold music stops and I hear a dial tone. I'd been put through to KN Group again. This fella was less threatening than the first KN rep I spoke to but no more helpful so I asked him to put me back onto Eircom. He said grand, and the phone dials again, at which point I was told that customer care is closed for the evening and the call ends! FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

The following email addresses are taken from https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8949648

Tim Spence, Director of Customer Operations - tim.spence@eir.ie

Carolan Lennon, Ceo Eir - carolan.lennon@eir.ie

Maybe email these 2 folks for help.

Advertisement