Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone to put down a patio in Cork area

Options
  • 11-05-2017 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

We have an old wooden decking thats seen better days, and we are looking to put down a stone patio instead.

Would anyone have any recommendations in the Cork area that they could share? We aren't looking for anything too complicated, and trying to keep the costs down as best we can

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

Would you be in a position to do the work yourself?

I'm at a fairly large patio area myself. Funds were low so dug it out by hand. I've just finished putting a French drain in to take the run off water and have stone ordered for next weekend to use as a base whacked down before putting down sand then slabs.

It really isn't a huge job and there's a certain satisfaction you get after completing each stage and I assume the final product.

Loads of videos on youtube to give you ideas.

It would also be the cheapest solution......

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Thanks for that - I had considered doing it myself and might still. Depends on the quotes I get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Well I just finished off putting down a garden path with limestone paving and 6 out of 13 slabs are loose, the guy in the hardware gave me bedding sand which is like fine gravel and it's not suitable for a wet mix I'm now finding out.

I've lost all willpower now as I'll have to rip it up or else use tec7 or something like it, but That Won't last.💩

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Slipshaney wrote: »
    We have an old wooden decking thats seen better days, and we are looking to put down a stone patio instead.

Would anyone have any recommendations in the Cork area that they could share? We aren't looking for anything too complicated, and trying to keep the costs down as best we can

Any help would be appreciated

Howya boss...

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Has anyone used "Carrigaline Landscaping"? Thinking of going with them, but looking to see has anyone good/bad experience with them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement