Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL Triathlon range

• 11-05-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Folks, Lidl have Swimming Range gear , Cycling Range gear, Running Range gear and other sport essentials, available from today, was wondering whether the Lidl products are good or whether people have bought them before ? any feedback most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 waffles85

I bought cycling shorts there a few years ago. They are grand. Seem to be decent quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭the corpo

I've gotten socks, shorts, t-shirts, glasses and shoes before. Only the shoes were poor, too plastic and cheap feeling, but the rest have been great, especially the glasses. Every bit the equal of the expensive one's my wife bought, but only 15 bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭the corpo

That said, I haven't tested them in a triathlon as I am not insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I've used their women's running Capri leggings before - very good quality, they lasted ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I bought their trisuit last year and did 6 races in it as well as some training sessions. Decent for the money but I am conscious that it may be becoming a bit revealing now having been through the wash a few times. I use their running and cycling socks 2/3 times a week for the last few years and they are great. Used to use their jerseys and bib short/tights but ben slowly going for more premium brands as I go for longer spins but they still get used on the turbo trainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I used the Lidl or Aldi (can't remember exactly) trisuit for my first few tri's whilst waiting on the club order. It did the job, and if you look at the photo's for any tri, plenty of them in races. I still use it if I'm doing a swim/ run brick and hasn't thinned too much.

Haven't got their shorts for a while as now below there smallest sizes, but they were fine on short spins/ commutes. As my spin range has extended, so has the shorts budget, but for socks, gloves, jerseys etc they're fine. I normally get the glasses too, but the cheap non photocromatic ones.

Most likely coincidental with a step up in training, but I didn't have the run injury problems in the lidl runners I've been having since I went to "premium" brands. After belatedly getting properly fitted, I'd say the runners without all the tech enhancements suited my underpronating biomechanics better!

Advertisement