Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commute - Lucan to Eastpoint Business park

• 11-05-2017 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

I have been offered a new role with a company based at Eastpoint Business park. I am currently living just off the N4 with access to buses 25, 25a, 25b, 66, 66a, 67 and 67a.

From my research, the business park is not the most accessible part of Dublin from my location. The fastest possible route for me would be a 25a or 25b, getting off at Bachelors Walk, getting on a 151 and getting off at East Wall road. Then it would be a walk to Bond Road (which involves crossing a major road that does not have traffic lights) and entering a gate which states pedestrians are not allowed to use the gate (even though there is a car park entrance no more than 10 metres inside the gate). All of this on a perfect day would take an hour I think, and if I was to factor in traffic problems and weather issues, prob an hour and 20 mins.

I am going to do a dry run tomorrow to see exactly what it would be like during the busiest part of the day, departing my home at 8am (I live near Hermitige park).

Does anybody else here work in this area and how do they find the commute. I picked this area to reside in order to make sure that my commute was generally always under an hour. In my line of work, most of my contracts would be in the city centre, so this commute has me rethinking the job offer. If I wanted a commute of an hour and 20 minutes, I could live in Enfield, Kinnegad, Lusk or any of the other large commuting areas and be paying far less in rent. My sister lives in Kinnegad and her commute to this area would be about the same as mine.

Also is there anybody here that drives to this business park and travels there via the N4, and would that person be wiling to have a passenger who would be able to contribute to cost of their commute.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Google maps says there is a shuttle that Eastpoint runs from New Wapping St. You could get the Luas from Heuston to intersect with it. It might be worth investigating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Google maps says there is a shuttle that Eastpoint runs from New Wapping St. You could get the Luas from Heuston to intersect with it. It might be worth investigating.

Thanks for that. I am not sure how much time that would save but I think it would be logical to assume that a direct luas would be quicker than 2 buses.

That solution does mean that my travel costs would go up as I would have to pay for both Luas and bus. At the moment using only bus means the most I spend would be the weekly cap on the bus. I will not have the facility to get a taxsaver either. As far as I am aware there is no dual bus and luas ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

irishash wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I am not sure how much time that would save but I think it would be logical to assume that a direct luas would be quicker than 2 buses.

That solution does mean that my travel costs would go up as I would have to pay for both Luas and bus. At the moment using only bus means the most I spend would be the weekly cap on the bus. I will not have the facility to get a taxsaver either. As far as I am aware there is no dual bus and luas ticket.

Used to work out that way. Two choices.

Get 25b to bachelor walk and get 27 out to the Aib before fairview and walk. Or

Get bus in and dart from tara st. From there, you can get the free bus to eastpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

It would be a very manageable distance to cycle, if you wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Have you anyway to get to Leixlip, you could do it by train approx 45-55 mins

• Advertisement
Advertisement