Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roseanne to return...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think its worth a shot. Aside from the high viewer ratings, its worth a shot for the 200 people who lost their jobs because of the incident. The network and main actors owe it to them.

I can see John Goodman bowing out after a season or having a reduced role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I can't really recall a TV show that went on after the loss of the title main character well Taggart I suppose but a USA sitcom I can't think of any.

Vague memories of Valerie on RTE in the 80s:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090540/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Because of casting changes the name of the show was changed twice during its run. It was originally simply called "Valerie," to capitalize on the fact Valerie Harper was the star of the show. After she left at the end of the second season, the title was changed to, "Valerie's Family," even though Harper was no longer on the show, due in part to the hope she might return. For the fourth season through the end of the sixth, it was called, "The Hogan Family".

Had 2 seasons before she left and 4 after.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

py2006 wrote: »
    I think its worth a shot. Aside from the high viewer ratings, its worth a shot for the 200 people who lost their jobs because of the incident. The network and main actors owe it to them.

I can see John Goodman bowing out after a season or having a reduced role.

i wonder is the "jobs" thing a tad emotive. tv shows get cancelled all the time, if this show is cancelled the makers will make something else.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    i wonder is the "jobs" thing a tad emotive. tv shows get cancelled all the time, if this show is cancelled the makers will make something else.

Yea cancelled for poor performance. This was a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Connors arrives Tuesday the 16th of October.

• Advertisement

The Conners Teaser.

Looks like they are dropping the original theme music too

Johnny Galecki has confirmed that he is in talks to appear on the Connors at some stage.

Skip to 1:25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I read somewhere that Juliette Lewis is signed on as Davids love interest.

Looks like we get a quick glimpse at a funeral scene?

https://twitter.com/TheConnersABC/status/1047212173498310661

"Dan, can I talk to you for a minute?"

https://twitter.com/TheConnersABC/status/1050112905675304960

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

First ep was ok, just felt abit weird without Rosanne. Even Jackie was abit off again imo..... like they know Rosanne got ****ed over or something.

But not bad, Dan at the very end was really heartfelt

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

John Goodman looked very unhealthy.. can't remember him looking that unwell last season.

First ep was ok, just felt abit weird without Rosanne. Even Jackie was abit off again imo..... like they know Rosanne got ****ed over or something.

But not bad, Dan at the very end was really heartfelt

I think they need to find their feet again. It may take a few episodes. Hopefully it isn't cancelled after just one season.

I was surprised that story started 3 weeks after Roseannes death. I thought from the ads for it beforehand Jackie gets a phone call with the news and then calls Dan out to tell him.

10.56m viewers which is a good bit off what the Roseanne reboot was but still healthy enough. I expect that to even out at about 4 to 5m over the next few episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Basq wrote: »
    John Goodman looked very unhealthy.. can't remember him looking that unwell last season.

He's been like that for a good few years now. He loses a lot of weight, and it must be too fast because he looks really unwell, then slightly fills out again and his face doesn't look as dragged down.

Matthew Broderick joins the cast.

Episode 2 moves on from the whole R word.

The end scene is classic of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"
    Stop making fun of her name.. they called her 'Blue' because she wasn't breathing when she was born..
    "

Great line! :D

Episode 2 - for me waaay better than the first and waaay better than I would have expected. I really hope it finds its groove.

Darlene and David are just the best on screen together. The kids are all great. And the Becky Dan dynamic could be worked through in lots of good ways.

Really hope I was wrong and that this develops into its own thing.

I've asked 3 times now for the thread title to be changed to The Connors...

The Becky character for me is really annoying. The actress seem to really over deliver a line or something. DJ needs more lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This isn't for me. It all seems very forced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've watched the return, from the episodes with Roseanne in them and the Connors and the 1 thing that sticks out to me is the amazing cast that's in it and almost all of them were in the original, ffs even Dan's buddy is Chief Webber from Greys Anatomy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I also like the subject matter it's touching on, pill addiction, illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, alcohol addiction, divorce, money problems, kid problems, it's not all just solved in a bow and fixed after 24 minutes, I don't think a new show could get a lot of this stuff on air but this 1 is so let it play out, it's easy to forget that a lot of American voted for Trump so as much as it's enjoyable to snigger along with Murphy Brown it's good to remember what his voters are going through.

Advertisement