Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callow lake group water scheme

Options
  • 11-05-2017 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi. Looking for info. Got a water bill last year for 390€ for the year for water. And this year again I have got another bill for 400€ for the year. We use just the average amount of water for everyday use. I was just thinking the bills seem to be awful price just for water for the year. Has anyone ever had the issue. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Have you asked Callow lake group water scheme for more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kevin111

Have you asked Callow lake group water scheme for more details?

Ya they said that I used 368 m3, don't fully understand it. But we use only average amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kevin111 wrote: »
    Ya they said that I used 368 m3, don't fully understand it. But we use only average amount.

That's a lot, normal usage would be around the 100m3 mark dependant on the number of people.

Do you have a local meter you can look at?

Varik wrote: »
    That's a lot, normal usage would be around the 100m3 mark dependant on the number of people.

Do you have a local meter you can look at?

There meter in front of house,

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You may have a leak. Can you read the meter and does it have a single units reading - I've seen some with only the cubic metres which is very little use.

If you can and it does show single units, turn off the stopcock for a few hours - overnight for instance - and check if the meter has moved.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    You may have a leak. Can you read the meter and does it have a single units reading - I've seen some with only the cubic metres which is very little use.

If you can and it does show single units, turn off the stopcock for a few hours - overnight for instance - and check if the meter has moved.

This is a pic of it

The red numbers are individual litres on those so you should be able to do the stopcock check.

With the stopcock off. The small red one turned for about a hour then stopped. Left it then. took a picture, left it over night and it didn't move. Would it be faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Odelay

With the stopcock off. The small red one turned for about a hour then stopped. Left it then. took a picture, left it over night and it didn't move. Would it be faulty.

Where did you turn off the stop cock?

Odelay wrote: »

Where did you turn off the stop cock?
    At the water meter.

• Advertisement

One inside the house would be more useful, show if there's a leak between the meter and it. Meter shouldn't really move when the stopcock at it is stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭inajock

You could have a leak from the meter to the house.don't use any water or flush toilets for 20 minutes and then see if the meter is still running.that's the only way to tell if you have a leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Kevin111 wrote:
    Hi. Looking for info. Got a water bill last year for 390€ for the year for water. And this year again I have got another bill for 400€ for the year. We use just the average amount of water for everyday use. I was just thinking the bills seem to be awful price just for water for the year. Has anyone ever had the issue. Thanks.

Kevin111 wrote:

That's an average of 1008 litres a day. That amount should be sufficient to support a household of 8 persons based on an average usage of 126 ltr per person.

Advertisement