Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gypsy - Netflix -(**Spoilers**)

• 11-05-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭

Netflix's new series starring Naomi Watts drops June 30th.
    I will always provide a safe and trusting haven for my patients. I will remain objective in my relationships. I will not violate the physical boundaries of the patient. And will always do no harm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Added today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Getting panned by most of the critics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Only up to episode 4 of the 10 episode season (probably series) and I'm not finding it deserving of so much criticism. Watts is excellent as the crazy unethical psychiatrist and sure the scenes between her and her object of affection are a bit overwrought but so far is quite engaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I have to say I really enjoyed this.. maybe because I wasn't expecting much from it, they maybe could have come up with abit more of an ending to the season than they did!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It reminds me a lot of the movie Unfaithful which teases some deep dark storyline in the background but doesn't deliver. It may be well-made bad TV but I enjoyed it more than the mystery/crime of week procedurals that dominate network tv. Also Watts and the young British acress are just excellent, pity they are mostly vapid character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

We're in the era of "well-made bad TV".

Yes I've been saying this for a while. Majority of netflix content is pretty mediocre. Their killing of ratings is a sign they don't want people to know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AnnaGold1

If you loved Gypsy as much as I did and don't want the story to end, then check out my fan fic on Wattpad called When the journey ends (Gypsy Netflix fanfiction).  The feedback has been great :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought the first episode was a bit bland, tbh.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good start, bit boring in the middle, last 2 episodes were very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

It's cancelled.

Advertisement