Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage Planning Exemption

Options
  • 11-05-2017 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am considering building a garage and have a question relating to planning exemptions. This is the part of the legislation that I have a question about:
    1. No such structure shall be constructed,
    erected or placed forward of the front
    wall of a house.

What is defined as the front wall of a house?

I have attached a sketch to explain my query. Is the gable end the front wall? I rang my local planning department today, the person told me that they would think that the gable end is considered the front wall of the house, as seen in my sketch. She couldn't give me a definitive answer however and gave me a planners contact details, of whom I cannot reach. I'd like to try to get a definitive answer so that I can push forward with it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

And we're bound by Boards rules and so prevented from giving anything that might constitute legal advice.

However, what you have drawn looks ok, I have seen lots of houses/garages designed like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

i_shot_jr wrote: »
    What is defined as the front wall of a house?

On your sketch please indicate where your 'front' door is, also where your site entrance onto the road is.

Advertisement