Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to Wrestle w/ Bruce Prichard in the Woolshed (Dublin) July 15th

• 11-05-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/bruceprichard/status/862761026315575296

Just announced. Tickets on sale tomorrow. No mention of Conrad Thompson so I am guessing it's a solo show. Makes more sense for the business model but if he's not there, it will be half the show.

Think I'll go anyway. Anyone else? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Think I'll do this love the show so no reason not to show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

god damn pal.

that has made my weekend.

booked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Conrad Thompson has trouble entering other countries stemming from his domestic assault conviction.
    So don't expect to see him on any international tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

That's random. Did he tell you that on twitter?

Typically only a felony offence would prevent international travel, what are the details? Have you got a link to a story about it or where are you getting this?

You'll find details of his arrest online.
    Believe me, that's the reason he is not on any of the UK and Ireland dates.
    I will say no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just started listening to this, and I'm already hooked. Could be worth going to!

sirmanga wrote: »
    You'll find details of his arrest online.
    Believe me, that's the reason he is not on any of the UK and Ireland dates.
    I will say no more.

Nah can't find anything, searched mugshots, google news, etc etc. To be honest, it just seems like you're making it up given the innocuous mention and refusal to give any details or post any links whatsoever. But feel free to post something if there's any substance behind it :cool:

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Just started listening to this, and I'm already hooked. Could be worth going to!

If only Noelle was his co-host Gerry, you'd be there in a flash :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hopefully the Gardai don't come shut it down!

Good stuff, always cool to see rasslin' folk do Irish dates :)

• Advertisement

sirmanga wrote: »

What an afro that is! :D

I doubt third degree assault is stopping him travelling internationally though. If you push someone over, that's third degree assault. Doesn't even involve a weapon. Not the type of thing to prevent you from international travel.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hopefully the Gardai don't come shut it down!

Good stuff, always cool to see rasslin' folk do Irish dates :)

I reckon one of us will have to step up and do the Conrad role with him being on the run from Interpol. What about it Jay?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Love the show and probably would have checked this out but €30 feels a bit steep.

There have been a few a this stage but I've have yet to attend of these "nights with" events. Bit gutted I didn't go to Piper's one in Whelan.

I remember Jay glowing about Russo's visit on the OSW site but anyone have any other experience of these shows. I fear I'll be a bit underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Got my hopes up. Thought it was the Cork Woolshed. We have a baby due start of July so would have been a bit cheeky to head off to this. Would have loved to go. Best podcast on the internet.

'Spend my day working hard on the go
    But the hands on the clock keep spinning too slow '
    Cause I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id say this would be arguably better than others.

The Woolshed will be a smaller venue, so it will be more intimate.

Id say Bruce will have a lot more insight as to how WWE works being there for so many years, plus for me, a 30 something fan, he was there in the Hogan era. Id say hed be worth the 30 bucks.

He may be a lesser name than Jericho, but at half the price in a smaller venue, Id say he will be the better show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I remember Jay glowing about Russo's visit on the OSW site but anyone have any other experience of these shows. I fear I'll be a bit underwhelmed.

Dude it'll be a great night out, intimate venue chatting with a notable wrestling guy. Russo was hilarious but I don't know if Bruce is that charming. Also the first visit's the best one! If you're not strapped for cash and available then, give it a whirl
    Monokne wrote: »
    I reckon one of us will have to step up and do the Conrad role with him being on the run from Interpol. What about it Jay?:)

LOL! Thanks for the vote mate. Getting up in front of non-OSW fans (did it for Steiner) isn't my bag! But can of coke to you :)

If I could sing, I'd do it. He needs someone to duet with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Bought one of the sixty quid VIP tickets for this when drunk last night. Unlike most of my drunken decisions I don't regret this one, can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Has Prichard ever said anything good about Meltzer? Seems he goes out of his way to refute some of his stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gimmick wrote: »
    Has Prichard ever said anything good about Meltzer? Seems he goes out of his way to refute some of his stories.

I always took that as him trying to hard to prove he wasn't Meltzer's inside man.

Which in itself kind of said he was the inside man for the leaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I always took that as him trying to hard to prove he wasn't Meltzer's inside man.

Which in itself kind of said he was the inside man for the leaks.

Exactly what I've always thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

gimmick wrote: »

Gives him a hug at 9mins into this

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hooked On Events

Thanks to anyone that's bought a ticket to this. There are a tiny handful left (Less than 10 total) with a couple from each price bracket available. Billetto.ie is the place to find tickets.
    We can't wait to bring Bruce to Ireland. I think we can forget Miller Time for one night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mishkashubaly

Heard the ad for this and was interested as have been enjoying the podcast over the past few weeks, but 31 quid for basic ticket is a bit rich. But if people are willing to pay it, fair enough I suppose. Saw Room at the Abbey Theatre for less!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hooked On Events

Hey man. Shame you think it's a bit high. We have to set the ticket prices at a level to make a profit that reflects the time and effort we put in. It isn't cheap putting these things on! :)
    We've only got 4 general admission tickets left so I do think we have set the prices just about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

This is a bit last minute - and I'm not sure if it's allowed, can understand if my post needs to be deleted if so - but I've two extra tickets for this that I'm happy to let go for cheap, say €40 for the pair (my friend paid €62 for them). Don't think I can make it tomorrow unfortunately, will be great show I bet!

Please PM me if interested.

I have a ticket and can't go. Have a VIP ticket which I will give to a boardsie for free, I presume I can just email it?

You just have to promise to not be a dick and take it to sell it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Came across an interview with Brother Love in the Journal.ie this morning.

http://www.the42.ie/bruce-prichard-interview-vince-mcmahon-genius-3492859-Jul2017/

Full Marx wrote: »
    I have a ticket and can't go. Have a VIP ticket which I will give to a boardsie for free, I presume I can just email it?

You just have to promise to not be a dick and take it to sell it

No one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Came across an interview with Brother Love in the Journal.ie this morning.

http://www.the42.ie/bruce-prichard-interview-vince-mcmahon-genius-3492859-Jul2017/

My mom frequents the journal, and read that article without having a clue who Prichard was, and now has brought up several times today how well he came accross in the article, and how interesting it was :p

Advertisement