Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to Wrestle w/ Bruce Prichard in the Woolshed (Dublin) July 15th

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Anyone know anyone who might want a ticket for free? Got called to work and can't go I don't want it to go to waste :( 65 quid like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I'd wager everyone in this thread is going. I know another lad on here who said he was probably going, but not sure if he ended up getting a ticket or not, I'll ask him.

Even if someone got the regular ticket and would like VIP they can have it, although I think meet and greet started at six

My mates not going unfortunately. You're a good man for offering it round

Monokne wrote: »
    My mates not going unfortunately. You're a good man for offering it round
    Hope it was good, shame the ticket went to waste. Was really looking forward to going because I'm a big fan but I called into work... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

He's a very good talker and his impressions of Vince McMahon, Johnny Ace, Macho Man, & Dusty Rhodes are spot on although his Vince Russo and Jim Cornette impersonations need a little work, On the downside from last night I thought the room was way too small very cramped and warm even though the air conditioning was on, You couldn't see the stage from certain parts, Although he can be very entertaining i take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt One fan asked about DDPs run in WWE and he said ''the problem with DDP was the bell rang'' which is total bull**** he was one of the best workers and most over babyfaces in WCW and carried Goldberg to arguably his best match, The Tony Schiavone bashing is stupid aswell the dude did more in wrestling than Bruce Pritchard ever did and some of his quotes in wrestling are still remembered to this day

He's a very good talker and his impressions of Vince McMahon, Johnny Ace, Macho Man, & Dusty Rhodes are spot on although his Vince Russo and Jim Cornette impersonations need a little work, On the downside from last night I thought the room was way too small very cramped and warm even though the air conditioning was on, You couldn't see the stage from certain parts, Although he can be very entertaining i take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt One fan asked about DDPs run in WWE and he said ''the problem with DDP was the bell rang'' which is total bull**** he was one of the best workers and most over babyfaces in WCW and carried Goldberg to arguably his best match, The Tony Schiavone bashing is stupid aswell the dude did more in wrestling than Bruce Pritchard ever did and some of his quotes in wrestling are still remembered to this day

This was actually true, at least from his perspective. Page was known for scripting his matches from start to finish, which wouldn't be out of place now but then it wasn't the done thing at all. Allegedly he presented a script to Taker for one of their early matches and Taker was appalled and binned it. With no script to work from, Page was, understandably, lost. Ergo he got the rep in WWE for not knowing how to work.

Honestly though, DDP was a better fit in WCW anyway. In WCW it was easier to get over on the strength of your work & a great finisher, and his work when he laid matches out in WCW was very solid. In WWE when the move was no longer fresh and his matches were pretty poor, he didn't stand much of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

What did he say about poor Tony? Most of his comments aimed at him that I heard were in jest to be fair.

They were all in jest. Those two guys are friends. Tony was discussing that yesterday on his show.

Advertisement