Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Fest West 2017 - this Sunday 14th May

• 11-05-2017 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭

Just a note to all : this years Bike Fest West is on again this Sunday 14th May at the Galway Plaza - this is Junction 16 on the M6 (Loughrea exit).

For those of you who don't know, this is a hosted event in aid of Blood Bike West - the emergency blood bike service based in Galway. Manned and run by bikers for the benefit of patients all over the western seaboard. www.bloodbikewest.ie and on Facebook

The format is simple: in the morning, we have a rideout out of approx. 2 hours, to included a coffee break, arriving back at the Plaza at 13:30. We ask €20 for riders and €10 for pillions. In exchange, Supermacs as the host are giving everyone a discounted price of €5 for a full Irish breakfast, as well as a voucher for a Chicken Breast Sandwich at lunchtime. Your coffee break is included f.o.c. enroute.

Sign-on for the rideout is from 9:30 am.

From 1:30 the second part of the day takes over: its a big free family day, with entertainment for everyone : big & small, young & old. Mattie Griffin is doing a series of shows throughout the day.

This years we have added a number of trade and club stands, as well as the RSA roadshow, which features the various simulators.

So come along, and if you can't make the Plaza on 2 wheels, why not come in 4 and bring the entourage :)

Blood Bike West run 4 bikes and this is our biggest event of the year and as such is important to us - your support is highly valued. We would really like to get as many bikes out on the rideout in the morning as possible.

It's a good excuse to get out and meet & see 2-wheelers of all types, and is full of variety no matter what you're favourite is.

Last years event went like this:

This years preview is this:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Tomorrow's the day...... praying for good weather like last year, all welcome t our 2nd bikefest, j16 M6 plaza

Advertisement