Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia alone!

• 11-05-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Heading to Thailand with a friend for two weeks at the end of July/beginning of August. I have a working holiday visa for Australia approved that I have to activate before November and my qualifications are recognise me as an Early Childhood Teacher in Oz. I'm contemplating just continuing on from Thailand into Australia but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to go it alone! I don't know where in Oz I'd go or what i would do there, any help at all would be great. Or anyone looking for a travel buddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Shee711 wrote: »
    Heading to Thailand with a friend for two weeks at the end of July/beginning of August. I have a working holiday visa for Australia approved that I have to activate before November and my qualifications are recognise me as an Early Childhood Teacher in Oz. I'm contemplating just continuing on from Thailand into Australia but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to go it alone! I don't know where in Oz I'd go or what i would do there, any help at all would be great. Or anyone looking for a travel buddy

Depends what you wanna do pal. You will soon find Irish friends in Perth, but most get bored there, and it's very small. Far more enjoyment seems to be had in Sydney, Melbourne etc.

If you have cash, I'd recommend heading over the Gold Coast and just picking a nice Hostel at a good starting point, do a bit of travel and make some friends along the way. Then make your decision.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm going alone in November too.

Staying at ny uncles home in pottsville just ositj of golf coast to do regional work. I will likely move up to brisbane afterward.

Just do it. You'll meet people alone the way. You'll regret not giving it a go. You have nothing to lose :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I did it alone for two months late last year. Travelled around the whole country.

Absolutely loved it, no regrets. Trip of a lifetime.

Go for it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Just an idea. My cousin is the President of an organisation called Network Teach in Perth, which is an organisation that connects teachers across Australia. Might be a good contact? Let me know if you want his details. He's mad to know about teaching in Ireland so even if you swapped experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 CarolineLily

Probably a bit late now, but I stayed on the Gold Coast this April and, although I didn't work (stayed with family), I had the most amazing time. What a beautiful corner of the world. Loved it so much that I'm going back next Feb and planning as permanent a move as possible once I finish my studies. Also went to Sydney and Brisbane this year. Heading back to Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast next year but adding in Uluru in central Oz, Moreton Bay and hopefully Whitsundays. Just do it! You won't regret it. I only wish I could live there sooner. Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement