Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S headsets compatible with PS4 headsets?

Options
  • 12-05-2017 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum.

I am looking for advice regarding buying a headset for an Xbox One S. I know the Xbox One S headsets connect to the controller with a 3.5mm jack as does the PS4. I'm wondering why then are there separate headsets marketed for the the XB1S and the PS4?

In particular I am looking at the Afterglow LVL 3 Wired Gaming Headset. The XB1S version is €10 more expensive than the PS4 version but if they both connect through a 3.5mm jack aren't they essentially the same or am I missing something?

Apologies if this question is foolish but would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,085 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dee1983 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum.

I am looking for advice regarding buying a headset for an Xbox One S. I know the Xbox One S headsets connect to the controller with a 3.5mm jack as does the PS4. I'm wondering why then are there separate headsets marketed for the the XB1S and the PS4?

In particular I am looking at the Afterglow LVL 3 Wired Gaming Headset. The XB1S version is €10 more expensive than the PS4 version but if they both connect through a 3.5mm jack aren't they essentially the same or am I missing something?

Apologies if this question is foolish but would appreciate any advice.

Lucidsound LS30 can connect to both. Maybe Hypercloud aswell. Not sure about others.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd be surprised if that headset didn't work on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dee1983

Thanks guys.

So I went ahead and purchased the PS4 version but couldn't get it to work. It fit perfect but no luck getting sound from it. So then I thought maybe there might be different drivers for the PS4 and XB1S and that's why they were marketed separately.

So I returned it to the the store and exchanged for the XB1S model but still no luck getting this to work either. I'm wondering are there any settings that I'm missing on the console itself that maybe stopping the headset from working? I've followed the instructions from the manual but they haven't helped

• Registered Users Posts: 28,085 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks guys.

So I went ahead and purchased the PS4 version but couldn't get it to work. It fit perfect but no luck getting sound from it. So then I thought maybe there might be different drivers for the PS4 and XB1S and that's why they were marketed separately.

So I returned it to the the store and exchanged for the XB1S model but still no luck getting this to work either. I'm wondering are there any settings that I'm missing on the console itself that maybe stopping the headset from working? I've followed the instructions from the manual but they haven't helped

Go to Settings - Display and Sound - Audio Output - Headset Audio.

Also make sure that the headset is assigned to your Gamertag. Go to Setting - Devices - Headsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thanks guys.

have you a different controller you can try? will standard phone earbuds work for audio off the controller port?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dee1983

I've tried the audio settings. I've also tried the headset on the second controller. I never thought of trying earbuds. I'll give that a go. My son is really disappointed that I can't get it to work for him. Thanks

Advertisement