Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill your babies - 90's edition

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Command and Conquer
    How did Command and Conquer last so long, it's basically StarCraft but not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Chrono Trigger
    It's a great game. I'd put it above Starcraft

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Command and Conquer
    Philistine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote:
    How did Command and Conquer last so long, it's basically StarCraft but not as good.

So C&C is just Starcraft for white people? :p
    Command & Conquer had Tim Curry & Ric Flair appear in the series. That goes a long way to the hearts some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Chrono Trigger
    ERG89 wrote: »
    So C&C is just Starcraft for white people? :p
    Command & Conquer had Tim Curry & Ric Flair appear in the series. That goes a long way to the hearts some.

James Earl Jones was there in Tiberian Sun and lets not forget Kari Wuhrer as Tanya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Chrono Trigger
    Retr0gamer wrote: »

Yo Retro, ChronoTrigger is meant to be in there but I am unable to edit the poll.
    Was asking if you or a mod could possibly modify or change the poll.

Not sure it would make much of a difference though.

Chrono Trigger
    Poll is closed....all hail Zod and the might C&C that won somehow.

Anyways, well played all.

I'll leave it open for someone else to create the next one, or if noone does then I'll do it next week or so.

Maybe leave suggestions below for anyone making the next one,

I'd say 'PS1 games / Sega Megadrive / NES / Game Characters '

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Command and Conquer
    Justice for Chrono Trigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Command and Conquer
    Never realised there was so much love for Command and Conquer. Always seemed like a duller version of Warcraft or Starcraft to me.

Chrono Trigger
    Never realised there was so much love for Command and Conquer. Always seemed like a duller version of Warcraft or Starcraft to me.

Warcraft wasn't on the list, so we'll never know for sure. There was also no Civ game, and criminally no Alpha Centauri either.

RTS' consumed my playtime, Warcraft C&C Civ Alpha. Played Starcraft but for me it would be last on my all time RTS list. I loved C&C. I got my hands on every C&C game released.

I long for an old school RTS release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Chrono Trigger
    More familiar setting and true to life abilities & circumstances, as well as a savage Industrial/Electronic/Rock soundtrack made it very likeable in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Chrono Trigger
    Nailz wrote: »
    More familiar setting and true to life abilities & circumstances, as well as a savage Industrial/Electronic/Rock soundtrack made it very likeable in the 90's.

And don't forget the wonderfully camp FMV sequences in the campaigns.

Chrono Trigger
    And who can forget Time Magazine's Person of the Year recipient.

kane_time.jpg

Chrono Trigger

I don't think there was, just the fact that it survived till the end because people killed off other things for the hell of it :P

Doom was in the last 4, I thought it was clearly gonna win...but some people just wanna watch the world burn :P

Command and Conquer
    So **** starcraft wins over a possible contender for best game ever made. I guess people also voted for Brexit and Donald Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Chrono Trigger
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    Doom was in the last 4, I thought it was clearly gonna win...but some people just wanna watch the world burn :P
    I had my reasons!!!

Advertisement