Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want a TV that will also function as a high quality computer monitor

Options
  • 12-05-2017 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭

Just finishing up and attic conversion - it will be a bedroom/tv room/home office

I'd prefer not to clutter the room with separate monitors and a TV. Would be ideal if I could use a large TV that was of high enough resolution/clarity for use as a monitor as well. I'd be connecting via HDMI.

A lot of monitors lose clarity as you get a little closer to them...

any suggestions/people doing similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

It's the opposite of what you suggest: monitors are designed for close viewing, tvs aren't. Monitors are high resolution compared to tvs usually. Picture quality and refresh rate vastly superior on monitors.

I would recommend you buy a high end monitor that you can also use as a tv. High end monitors are more expensive than tvs tho, 34" ultrawide IPS 100Hz etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

srsly78 wrote: »
    It's the opposite of what you suggest: monitors are designed for close viewing, tvs aren't. Monitors are high resolution compared to tvs usually. Picture quality and refresh rate vastly superior on monitors.

I would recommend you buy a high end monitor that you can also use as a tv. High end monitors are more expensive than tvs tho, 34" ultrawide IPS 100Hz etc.

dohhh

I meant to say that TVs lose clarity as you get closer

:o

34" ultrawide IPS 100Hz - yikes saw nothing sub a grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Something like a 27 or 28" 1440P display would be a lot easier on the wallet.

Only problem is that anything above that in size can be a bit of a pain to use if you're right in front of it. 34" ultrawide isn't as bad as it sounds in that sense as it's very wide but not as tall as you might expect so it's decent to use as a monitor.

I had a 32" 1440P monitor a while back and it was too big, it was a pain to use as a monitor. 27/28" works well enough if it's a relatively deep desk though.

Advertisement