Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solid wood floors- how much to lay them

Options
  • 28-11-2004 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi , I have 2.25"x3/4" prefinished solid wood floors. We were going to lay them ourselves based on the glue down method, but after a brief attempt, we admitted defeat.Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to hire a pro. Do they charge per sq. yrd/mtr? Any advice would be appreciated or any offers ? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

paularose wrote:
    2.25 mm
    That sounds awfully thin. 12.5mm or 22.5mm maybe?

I've no idea how much to lay, probably €10-20/m2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

paularose wrote:
    Hi , I have 2.25"x3/4" prefinished solid wood floors. We were going to lay them ourselves based on the glue down method, but after a brief attempt, we admitted defeat.Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to hire a pro. Do they charge per sq. yrd/mtr? Any advice would be appreciated or any offers ? thanks

I recently got charged €20/sq yd for laying 5" x 18mm boards on battens. The fact that your boards are thinner might cost a little more but shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 paularose

thanks lex luther

Advertisement