Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name and shame cowboy estate agents!

Options
  • 12-05-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Can we get a name and shame thread going on?
    Last night we arranged a viewing for a "3 bed" in Portmarnock at €360K.
    Sorted out babysitters, arrived on time. And walked into a 2 bed house.

Great to see the estate agents are back to their old games.
    Thanks for wasting our time.

This really should be not tolerated. My wife put it loudly to the agent in front of 3 other couples, "Where's the third bedroom?". His excuse - "they're counting this room as a bedroom" (pointing to the downstairs sitting room). No EA, you are. And you are a lying snake oil merchant.

@MODS:
    Can we get a name and shame of EA's? (I guess not)
    Can we at least get a thread where we can call out these properties and save each other a wasted viewing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Sono

That is shocking carry on, sorry to hear your time was wasted like that. Personally I hated ever dealing with EA's as I felt none of them were being genuine, what they said to you is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

to be honest, I was kinda laughing about it. Frankly, and sadly, my rule of thumb is don't believe a single thing they say.
    My wife however was spitting bullets (and rightly so).

All that said, it's shameful carry on, and it should be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Absolutely not. Boards rules and forum charter prohibit this as it would leave boards open to legal action. Feel free to set up your own website or blog to do this but you will need a good solicitor.

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement