Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

None-EU student online income and tax complications

• 12-05-2017 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Actually I am none-eu student who recently started my post graduation in dublin. Actually Since 2011 I am doing some sort of online consultancy job with American companies which I am getting paid with paypal. the payment is about 2K Euros per month. Since I was living in tax-free country I have not had any complications but now I am really confused. As per INIS students with stamp 2 are not allowed to do freelance jobs but how do they consider online jobs? I am ok to pay foreign income tax but I am worried about the freelance rule which is applied to none-eu students.

I would highly appreciate your valuable comment. or suggest me a consultant number who can help me with that.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

If you are working ....you are working...and earning an income....online or freelance makes no difference...and liable for tax in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,014 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Whatever about tax, if your visa says you cannot work, then you cannot work. Online or off-line, freelance or whatever.

Advertisement