Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeframe to close current accoutn after request submitted on website

Options
  • 12-05-2017 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I used the following form to request for my current account to be closed: https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/bank/current-accounts/account-closure-form/

After I submitted it there was a message saying my account would now be locked and the balance transfered to the beneficiary account I specified. However I can see that after a day the account is still active.

Could you let me know how long the process usually takes?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Bob24,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here.

When you submit a request to close your account using the 'Account Closure' form this should be completed within 3 to 5 working days. If there is any reason why our team can not proceed with your request they will contact you directly.

Once closed, you access to 365Online for your current account will be blocked and you'll receive a confirmation of closure letter approximately 10 working days after the closure date.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement