Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Debt Collection

Options
  • 12-05-2017 2:20pm

Hi,

I had a business loan from Ulster Bank. My Business closed and as I tried to continue to pay the monthly installments however as I was unemployed I stopped and tried to pay 100 eur a month so that the bank would see I was committed to my obligation.

I couldn't afford this and stopped paying last year.

In Dec 2016 the bank called me to discuss repaying the loan. They were to send me documentation but never did.

At the end of Feb 2017 they phoned again to discuss what I could pay. I gave them a figure of Eur 200 a month as I am now working again. She said she would get back to me.

To this day, I have heard nothing at all, nearly 3 months later.

The debt is Eur 17,000. My husband was the guarantor, however our marriage broke up after I closed my business and the bank are aware of this.

Does anyone know why the bank are not pursuing me? I have had a credit check done and there is no record of me even owing the loan never mind a bad debt?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the business management/finance forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106

But you should be warned that certain types of advice have to be forbidden on here, such as legal and medical.

Advertisement