Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card pin

• 12-05-2017 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Here is the saga
    My wife and I have a Joint mastercard credit card account with two cards.
    My wife needed a readvise of her pin,
    Rang the creditcard number , during about 5 mins of advise on how to save time was advised to register with card care.
    went on line to register with card care ,only to be advised that only "primary card holder" (in spite of it being a joint account) could register.
    Back to the phone and, again after in excess of about 5 mins of advise on how to save time , eventually got to press a key .
    Pressed the nearest relevant key and, had to listen to a further approx of 10 mins of music interrupted by advise on how to save time by registering for card care.
    At last a human who accepted the request for a new pin .

Total time spent on phone and on line ---in excess of 30 mins. Some time saving.
    All of this because BOI will only deal with the primary card holder even in a joint account.

The next call to cardcare will be to close the account an possibly our current accounts as soon as we have arranged a transfer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon fernrock,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here and I'm extremely sorry to hear of the hold time you experienced and your customer journey. 

With a credit card account there will always be a principle card holder and any other card holders are seen as additional to the account. As such it's not possible to have a joint account on this product. Card Care is an online facility for Principle Card holders of personal credit card accounts only. I'm extremely sorry that when you called originally you were directed to this online facility for the purpose of a pin reminder for your wife's card.

We appreciate your feedback here today and will certainly forward this  to our credit card team. I do hope that you reconsider your decision to close your accounts.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Elaine

To clarify matters no human directed my wife to the online application, it was as a result of the recording on line advising on "how to save time".

It did not clarify that it applied to only principle card holders. We did not know that there was a "principle" card holder we did assume we had a joint account.
    I had already registered my card on card care and, had tried unsucessfully tried to retrieve her pin.
    So, if as you say card care is only available to the "principle" card holder,  why could I not retrieve her pin ?
    How is the other card holder  supposed to operate without spending a lot of time, and money,  listening to music on the phone.

To be honest B O I  "customer care"  is not very customer orientated.
    With no contact phone number or, email address on the website , I had to make my complaint here on a public forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning fernrock, 

Thank you for coming back to us here. 

Card Care is a facility specifically for the Principle card holder and I'm afraid you can only view your own pin details on the account. Card Care gives you other services including setting up a direct debit, requesting a limit change, making a payment and updating contact details. These functions themselves can only be carried out by yourself as the principle card holder as it is service management of the account. 

Should your wife require balance or transaction information or a replacement card or pin she can call our team on 0818251251. They have a dedicated line specifically for additional card holders. She just needs to press the options 1, 5 and then 3. 

If you are registered for 365Online you can also use the Service Desk to submit any questions you may have on the account and our team will be happy to assist with this. 

Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and your wife and I'll certainly pass on your feedback. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Advertisement