Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Query on 18yr old

Options
  • 12-05-2017 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    If my child is finished school and doing the LC this year when is my maintenance agreement finished?
    I am hoping the my child gets a College place and I will continue to as per normal then but during the interim period am I legally obliged to makes a payment as I have been doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Yes, once the child is in full time education to the age of 23.
    Unless they get a job and don't go to college. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yes I understand that but what about the interim period between leaving Cert completion and College start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

As far as I understand, You're still legally required to pay maintenance. As a they would be unable to get a state benefit until they're 3 months out of full time education. Therefore unable to support themselves.

Advertisement