Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A simple book on Swift programming?

Options
  • 12-05-2017 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Just wondering if the following exists...

I'm looking for a simple beginners book on Swift, one that I can read while away from my computer. Ideally it would have lots of visual explanations and simple language. Something like 

On Storyboard, the button (object) is connected to the code via an IBOutlet. 
    The button is also linked to a method. When tapped the button reaches back through the IBOutlet and implements the code...which could be saving data

Or something along those lines? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

This is probably the first thing you should check out if you've already covered the Swift language.

If you've not covered the language yet then check out this

After those, The Big Nerd Ranch books on iOS development are good. There are also countless sources online, with lots of great articles and tutorials on Ray Wenderlichs website etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

O'Reilly have a free pocket reference on swift that you can download

Advertisement