Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem lost power

Options
  • 12-05-2017 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

My Internet was acting funny today so I plugged the modem out from the wall for a couple minuted and plugged it back in and the modem is not getting any power now at all

I tried a box with the same connection as modem and it's powers it up no problem so it's definitely the modem itself

Anyone else have this issue before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jturner

Recently had my modem replaced and had the same issue as you . Rang them and they told me it was bricked , also said it was a common problem ? I swapped out my router with an old one and it worked perfectly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

popsy09 wrote: »
    My Internet was acting funny today so I plugged the modem out from the wall for a couple minuted and plugged it back in and the modem is not getting any power now at all

I tried a box with the same connection as modem and it's powers it up no problem so it's definitely the modem itself

Anyone else have this issue before
    Hi popsy09.

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you are experiencing issues with your modem, I would recommend contacting technical support on 1890260260 for best support on this. An agent then will be able to arrange a new modem to be sent out to your premises. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I contacted eir not long after I started this thread

After a few checks they said a new modem will be sent out but it takes 48 hours and seen as it was Friday it could of been Tuesday before I got modem .

I wasn't happy with that as I have sky q and my boxes run off wI fi so after a bit of complaining I managed to get one
    sent out on a Saturday delivery

830 sat morning there was knock on door and new modem was delivered

Very happy with that service even if it took a bit of complaining :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I'm delighted to hear this.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement