Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Not displaying a NCT cert - Fixed charged notices

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

corglass wrote: »
    The fine and points are for non display, irrespective of whether you have a valid test or not.

I see no grounds for an appeal. Move on and take the points. Double check if it's 3, it may be less?

Tough lesson, ouch

Tough lesson indeed but not for the OP.

Know what you are talking about before posting on the internet. I would say that is the lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Tough lesson indeed but not for the OP.

Know what you are talking about before posting on the internet. I would say that is the lesson.

I don't know what it is about this place, but it seems to be the standard for someone to attack and be condescending towards the OP, whether deserved or not, within the first few replies of any thread.

Doesn't even matter if OP is right or wrong it seems.

Btw, fair play OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about this place, but it seems to be the standard for someone to attack and be condescending towards the OP, whether deserved or not, within the first few replies of any thread.

Doesn't even matter if OP is right or wrong it seems.

Btw, fair play OP!

+1

Some people just need to criticise no matter what, obviously it's issue on their behalf than anything else, and being safely behind a keyboard makes it easier to show their true personality, though I see people like this in real life ......not the type of people I'd want to mix with.

Also well done OP, just goes to show the difference between accepting things like this or challenging them when you know they're not right

368100 wrote: »
    +1

Some people just need to criticise no matter what, obviously it's issue on their behalf than anything else, and being safely behind a keyboard makes it easier to show their true personality, though I see people like this in real life ......not the type of people I'd want to mix with.

Oh chalk it down! Experienced this first hand myself a couple of times. Posted one question a couple of years ago about possible reasons my car was down on power. First reply: "I take it that the car doesn't get a regular service?".....ammmm, it does Ya?

Another time a few months ago I said that I found it difficult to get locking nuts taken off as any place I called to refused to do it, to which I was told: "Of course they did because they'd have to charge for their time and you'd only be giving out about how much of a rip off it is"........yaaaaa, no sh1t they have to charge for their time! The assumptions people come to on this forum to talk down to others are something else altogether!

These lads never seem to reply then after you counter their dcikheadness either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Oh chalk it down! Experienced this first hand myself a couple of times. Posted one question a couple of years ago about possible reasons my car was down on power. First reply: "I take it that the car doesn't get a regular service?".....ammmm, it does Ya?

Another time a few months ago I said that I found it difficult to get locking nuts taken off as any place I called to refused to do it, to which I was told: "Of course they did because they'd have to charge for their time and you'd only be giving out about how much of a rip off it is"........yaaaaa, no sh1t they have to charge for their time! The assumptions people come to on this forum to talk down to others are something else altogether!

These lads never seem to reply then after you counter their dcikheadness either.

The keyboard warriors are very often rendered muted when you take the obvious answers out:

- I have a problem. I've already tried This, That and Those - did not help. What else could I try?
    - /silence/
    - /silence/
    - Anyone ?!
    - You can try That.
    - I could Captain Obvious...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

368100 wrote:
    You'd think that the op had murdered someone! Calm down

Kevin! wrote:
    Well done, where are the keyboard warriors now?

We still need proof that the OP hasn't murdered someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

368100 wrote:
    You'd think that the op had murdered someone! Calm down

Kevin! wrote:
    Well done, where are the keyboard warriors now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

He does not have to prove his innocence. You have to prove he did it. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

Few things are more glorious than watching keyboard warriors get put in their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I don't know if any people were hurt but I'm sure a few high horses are limping around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

RustyNut wrote: »
    I don't know if any people were hurt but I'm sure a few high horses are limping around.

Ha ha, the thread is more about keyboard warriors getting put in their place than the original topic. It should be made a sticky as an example to discourage them in future

368100 wrote: »
    Ha ha, the thread is more about keyboard warriors getting put in their place than the original topic. It should be made a sticky as an example to discourage them in future

Agreed!

Seriously, the attitude of a certain number of posters here is fairly toxic! It's a great place to learn about cars and motoring, if only the eejits could cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Agreed!

Seriously, the attitude of a certain number of posters here is fairly toxic! It's a great place to learn about cars and motoring, if only the eejits could cop on!

It's a problem this forum has had for years and something I've commented on in the past

It's not helped by multiple chat threads and advertised meets IMO which encourage little groups to form and you can see the backslapping carry from thread to thread.

The net effect is that the place is often very unwelcoming to new posters, or those who (like the OP) ask a genuine question and are just looking for some advice and get jumped on by the supposed "experts".

This is probably better suited to Feedback so feel free to move there if ye like Mods.

Advertisement