Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Limits Query

Options
  • 12-05-2017 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭

Anyone been recently? if so how did you find it? last time I was there (2013) it smelled of all things bad; damp, mould and worse..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Are u on about the comedy club.?
    I'm a regular before I reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

Tom44 wrote: »
    Are u on about the comedy club.?
    I'm a regular before I reply.

well if you are a regular - you would know its name no? yeah city limits - coburg st..

please try to be objective - a mate wants to go there with a date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

sporina wrote: »
    well if you are a regular - you would know its name no? yeah city limits - coburg st..

He might have thought you were talking about Togher :-)

sporina wrote: »

I normally go there every 2 month's and find it a very good night out, your description of the place from 3 years back isn't very fair.
    There's no night club after the show or late bar anymore, which is a letdown with the price.
    But all in all, a good night can generally be had.

City Limits was the nightclub name.
    The Comedy Club was the comedy club name.

My post was to save your mate a bad date expecting a night club too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

Tom44 wrote: »
    I normally go there every 2 month's and find it a very good night out, your description of the place from 3 years back isn't very fair.
    There's no night club after the show or late bar anymore, which is a letdown with the price.
    But all in all, a good night can generally be had.

City Limits was the nightclub name.
    The Comedy Club was the comedy club name.

My post was to save your mate a bad date expecting a night club too.

fair or not it's the truth - and we went to see a comedian I like - but we could not stay with the smell.. i am just asking if its still the same?

Oh its comedy my mate is looking for - the night club bit is irrelevant - but thanks for the clarification

• Advertisement

No smell as they use the front bar and stage now.
    The function room up the steps is not used, flooding issues from the back road I believe.
    So you were proberly experiencing that. I never smelled anything unusual, but then I am a plumber. :cool:

Advertisement