Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2017, stage 8: Molfetta - Peschici 189km

Options
  • 12-05-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭

So on to the one before the big one

I think there will be abit more action in stage 8 ....and I also think the breakaway will get this...If I was very brave I would predict a Cannondale win .... probability alone must allow for it eventually ...and they have a few good riders for the break ...only really Dimension Data to challenge them...BMC may be kept back to have energy for tomorrow

TdJxQg9.jpg?1

Nm3KH26.jpg?1

T08_Peschici_ukm_web.jpg

If break caught then Haas, Woods, Fraile , Pozzatto, Yates, Thomas or Jungles for the win

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That finish has Martin written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Lusk_Doyle wrote:

Which Martin would that be? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Martin Earley - or Martinelli as he's known in Italy. The problem with Martin Earley though is he nearly always goes too early. Or sometimes he doesn't go early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

If Valverde was in the race, you'd put your house on him to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

This Giro this year seems to be a history of my previous holidays in Italy. After Cefalu last week,Peschici this week. The Gargano peninsula is absolutely gorgeous.
    From a cycling point of view, the stretch of road along the coast before reaching the Manfredonia on the peninsula is absolutely flat as a pancake and wide open. If there is any breeze blowing it will be tricky but probably too early in the stage to have any major impact, apart from making it a little bit difficult for any early breakaway.
    There isn't a flat patch of road once they reach the peninsula so expect narrow hilly roads with stunning views of the Adriatic. The finish at Peschichi is bound to be tricky as it is a tiny "typical" Italian town perched on a cliff with narrow steep roads.

1_l.20150323171007.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

That looks stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Is Dan still in the race :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

pelevin wrote: »
    That looks stunning.

I would recommend it as a really nice "unknown" part of Italy, far from the crowds of Amalfi and Lake Garda. Its popular amongst Italians but very few foreigners. It has everything-mountains,forests,coasts and some great food. One of my favourite holidays I have been on.

As I predicted:

13:29:08 CEST
    We have a couple of sizeable groups off the back of the peloton. A large group is also starting to form out front but more riders are setting off trying to get up there.

13:28:24 CEST
    Splits in the bunch. It's pretty windy on these exposed coastal roads.

What went on with the commentary there :D

Heard at least 2 other feeds , with our own Decal Quigley being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Break still not decided ....at last some action as predicted

• Advertisement

Oh looks like Bora lads are going to get on the break. They'll have 3 up there now.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Is Dan still in the race :D?

Yup, he's 172nd at 49'02" :pac:

The scenery is magnificent

Is it just me or does Visconti look quite like Nibali?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

Any chance of philip deignan winning a stage?what stage would most suit him?

padohaodha wrote: »
    Any chance of philip deignan winning a stage?what stage would most suit him?

Wont be allowed of the leash as working for 2 GC guys at SKY ...

Any long mountain stage would suit him , the final week

Only way he gets off the leash is if both SKY leaders fall by the wayside ..not sure that will happen

Was it the Giro a few years ago, when Wiggins descended like a granny, that Deignan got let off the leash to attack on some mountain stages?

Was it the Giro a few years ago, when Wiggins descended like a granny, that Deignan got let off the leash to attack on some mountain stages?

2014 when SKY had no real leader

just as sky get mentioned they have a man go up the road, today has been the stage of the race so far.

Sky could nick pink here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Poor Conti there. Blew it on the hairpin.

• Advertisement

Gutted for Conti there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

some cracking scenery today, if the race director is trying to show italy off hes doing a good job of it. should be fun tomorrow and probably a new leader

neris wrote: »
    should be fun tomorrow and probably a new leader

Jungels will probably lose it tomorrow, but might win it back again after the ITT on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Jungels will probably lose it tomorrow, buight win it back again after the ITT on Tuesday.

Baby face bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Jungels will probably lose it tomorrow, but might win it back again after the ITT on Tuesday.

How does Thomas's TT stack up against Jungels?

Inquitus wrote: »
    How does Thomas's TT stack up against Jungels?

He stacks up quite well. Thomas has consistently done pretty good in ITTs when riding for GC, but I'd still expect Jungels to gain between 30-60 sec on Thomas.

Advertisement