Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skill not on lists

• 12-05-2017 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Well lads could anyone help me or put me on the right path I'm a brick paver with 5 years experience an it's not on the skills lists for Australia the nearest thing is a bricklayer/bricky. I still qualify for a working holiday visa so could I go on that and try and find full time job paving and if so what visa could I go from from there any advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PQuinn

Anyone put me on the right track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

A brickpaver I imagine is the same thing as a bricklayer, they have slightly different names for some occupations than we have so Im sure you wouldn't have any problems using that title for sponsorship or PR. Bear in mind if your are looking for sponsorship that A LOT of new cahnges are coming in (in march 2018, correct me if im wrong) so I dont know how willing employers are to sponsor given the unknown situation at the moment. You can also look into PR but thats a massively expensive and long process and you'd really have to definitely emigrating for a long time to make that worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PQuinn

On the description for the bricklayers on the skills lists it ask if you the brick layer has layer pavers so I suppose this probably is the closest thing for me to try thanks for your reply

Advertisement