Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools in Limerick Area

Options
  • 13-05-2017 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all- we are considering moving to the Limerick area - UL- and have a baby boy under 1. I've read a lot online about schools in Limerick being oversubscribed. But many posts date back a few years.

What are schools like now? Does it matter what primary you choose with regard to secondary choice later on? I've heard stories about people having to send their kids to schools far away from their home and we don't want that to happen if we can avoid it.

I would choose to send him to a gaelscoil - but then what are our choices for secondary?

Also ideally it would be a non-denominational school - I réalisé this might not be possible but as he is not baptized will that go against us in terms of admission to primary or secondary?

We just need to live within striking distance of UL so considering Castleconnell CastleTroy Killaloe Ennis, even North Circular Road (traffic a pain?)

Know absolutely nothing about this area and would love some local feedback and advise if anyone can help!!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi Patricia and Welcome to Boards.ie

This particular forum is called the Feedback forum and it is for providing feedback on the site, the way it is run and things like that.

You could try asking your question on a more appropriate forum, such as the Limerick forum which you can find here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=476

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement