Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting with a good dealership

• 13-05-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So guys perhaps i should give some background first?
    A few years ago i bought a junk NSR80 that would get me to my college work placement for a few weeks, I couldnt afford anything else at the time and when it broke I didnt have money to fix it. I got tottally stung because the rear wheel was warped and I had no idea till it was too late, but hey what do ya expect from a junker?
    Anyway I caught the bug and now im looking at getting a decent bike that I can use on weekends but first i want to find a reliable dealership that wont mess me around, I dont know anyone that rides so i cant ask anyone I know to recommend one. I am looking to buy somthing like a yamaha xj6 and live in Sligo. There are a couple of dealerships around, has anyone here had any experience with any of them and who would you reccomend for doing work in the mayo/sligo/donegal/roscommon area?
    would any of them give any sort of guarantee on their used bikes?
    I would greatly appreciate any help at all, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

fiend21 wrote: »
    So guys perhaps i should give some background first?
    A few years ago i bought a junk NSR80 that would get me to my college work placement for a few weeks, I couldnt afford anything else at the time and when it broke I didnt have money to fix it. I got tottally stung because the rear wheel was warped and I had no idea till it was too late, but hey what do ya expect from a junker?
    Anyway I caught the bug and now im looking at getting a decent bike that I can use on weekends but first i want to find a reliable dealership that wont mess me around, I dont know anyone that rides so i cant ask anyone I know to recommend one. I am looking to buy somthing like a yamaha xj6 and live in Sligo. There are a couple of dealerships around, has anyone here had any experience with any of them and who would you reccomend for doing work in the mayo/sligo/donegal/roscommon area?
    would any of them give any sort of guarantee on their used bikes?
    I would greatly appreciate any help at all, thanks

I don't know what the dealers near you are but the one bit of advise I will give to you is bring somebody with you that knows what they are looking at.
    Over the years I have seen some seriously​ dodgy work done by supposed experts.
    Surely there's somebody in your area that can help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

In terms of getting work done you won't find better than Gordon Rountree in dromahair, but he's not a dealer. Used to sell used bikes but now he's just an independent mechanic.

Don't know what there is in terms of dealerships these days. Seamie McDaniel was always good but very small. Assume the Sligo motorcycle centre is gone by now, used to be out beside Berties pitch and putt and then moved out to collooney. Was much bigger but the owner was an arsehole.

Advertisement