Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best garage for buying a 2nd hand MPV car in Limerick?

• 13-05-2017 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

what are the best garages for buying a 2nd hand MPV car in Limerick? In terms of choice, value and integrity?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

banjobongo wrote: »
    what are the best garages for buying a 2nd hand MPV car in Limerick? In terms of choice, value and integrity?

I wouldn't say there is any one best, with 2nd hand cars the stock will be constantly changing. If you are looking for a certain make then the dealer of the make might have a better choice then others, but not always.

In my opinion, it's better to buy 2nd hand cars direct from the owner, via donedeal or carzone. That way you are going to get a better understanding of how the car was treated, any problems etc. Any salesman in a garage will be much better at selling the car then the average person will be at buying. I know not everybody will be comfortable with this though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If you are looking for value and are looking at a newish car you"ll save a few thousand by buying in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,275 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is no such thing as a "best" garage to buy a car as there is no one size fits all when it comes to buying a car. The approach I always do is find the car that suits you first and then research the garage selling it. Also car warranties come in all shapes and sizes, some are very good and some are not worth the paper they are not written on, they really depends on how well the garage stands over them.

It also depends on the value and age of the car, personally I wouldn't buy anything under 5k or over 7 years old from a garage as the warranty tends to only cover the bare legal minimum at best due to the age and value of what you buy.

There is some very good information below in the stickies on the motors forum around everything car related including buying a used car. I suggest you take a look at some of this and get educated on the whole buying process as buying a used car is a minefield and buying from a garage does not guarantee you anything:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057145924

Advertisement