Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos and fake tan

Options
  • 13-05-2017 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

I've a couple of weddings coming up, and I'm about to start experimenting with fake tan for the first time since I was a teenager, over a decade ago! :o

I am quite pale-skinned naturally, with freckles, but I have very dark hair and can actually get away with going quite dark with the tan, if I want to. I don't like the gradual tanners so will probably go for something like the Academie Bronz'Express lotion - that was my favourite, back in the day, and I'd appreciate recommendations for anything similar - as far as I remember, it comes up quite quickly and lasts for a few days, and most importantly doesn't tend to transfer onto clothes.

Here's the thing - since I've last used fake tan, I've acquired a couple of large, colourful tattoos on my chest. I know it'll probably be a matter of trial and error to figure out the best tan to use and the best way to use it, but I'm just wondering as a general rule - would you put the fake tan on right on top of the tattoos, or just around them? Sorry if that's a really thick question! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just put it over them and there's no need to worry about formulas either. The tan sits on the surface of your skin, the tattoo ink is in your dermis, they won't interact at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Ive never had any problems putting fake tan over my tattoos, unless theyre very new there shouldnt be any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I've a few and tan never affects them! I use bellamienta comes up straight away i.e. Guide colour! And can be as dark or as light as you want. Overnight on me is to dark to be natural but 2 hours is perfect for a nice natural tan!

Advertisement