Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin Gritting - blackhead removal super trick?

Options
  • 13-05-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭

So it's getting lots of attention in the media the last week but have any of you tried it and care to report back?

It's a trick for pore cleansing and blackhead removal that's popular on reddit's skincare forum. It consists of :

Cleanse your face with an oil-based cleanser
    Apply a clay mask, leave on for the time instructed, then wash off
    Use the second batch of oil cleanser, vigorously massaging it into your skin

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/12/is-skin-gritting-really-a-good-way-to-get-rid-of-blackheads-6632500/

In the pictures people seem to be harvesting bumper crops of gross little pore plugs from their hands and arms (I assume they don't want to show their faces). It looks pretty horrible but effective. I don't think I've any except a few around my nose but I'd be glad to be rid of them.

So what do you think ladies and gentlemen? Worth a shot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

To me, the 'grit' just looks like mask residue that's pilled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Valentina wrote: »
    To me, the 'grit' just looks like mask residue that's pilled up.

I was thinking that too but lots of people swear it's wonderful and that the blackness is some sort of oxidation. I can't really imagine having them on your arms of hands though, despite much examination since I saw that I'm pretty sure I don't have any there.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I'd say they do here face and put the bits that come off on their hands for the pic?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Gonna try it now, will report back with my findings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm assuming this is just the second oil cleanse removes the face mask residue?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Disappointingly but unsurprisingly, nothing happened.

I've blackheads on my nose and chin, they're still there, nothing was going to shift them but squeezing. Still though, my skin looks and feels lovely and fresh after the deep cleanse if nothing else.

I used Clarins Pure Melt Caroline leansing Gel Oil and Clarins Pure and Radiant Pink Clay mask

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Disappointingly but unsurprisingly, nothing happened.

I've blackheads on my nose and chin, they're still there, nothing was going to shift them but squeezing. Still though, my skin looks and feels lovely and fresh after the deep cleanse if nothing else.

I used Clarins Pure Melt Caroline leansing Gel Oil and Clarins Pure and Radiant Pink Clay mask

Ah thank you for trying! I was just about to try ordering myself the stuff online there but maybe I won't bother. I wasn't going as high end as Clarins but I'd guess they'd be the best to try.

Damn you reddit! Getting me all excited for nothing :)

Also loving the name Cornelius Crow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I dont buy it - blackhead plugs are only really dark/black at the top where the air and "gunk" meet and the gunk oxidizes....hence the black colour. The rest of the plug is normally yellow/clear-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

I tried this as well, used Clinque Take the Day Off Balm and the Cattier Clay Mask .. nothing happened apart from my skin feeling really clean :mad:

Advertisement