Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Video] - London to Dublin - By Bicycle

• 13-05-2017 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey, if anyone's interested I've just created a four minute video of myself cycling from London to Dublin.

I really enjoyed the cycle journey :)  And Dublin was my favorite city I've visited. I was in the capital for 3 and a bit days. Met some really great people.

My plan was originally to cycle to Galway but unfortunately I ran out of time.

The cycle trip went through; Oxford, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool, North Wales,  Holyhead, Dublin

I'm happy to answer questions if you had any. -  I'm also new to this forum I hope videos are allowed.

Cheers :)
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Welcome to boards. :)

Good video and well done on the cycle.

How long did it take you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Great video, how much of it was on off road trails or bike only tracks? And how did you find those to map out your course? eurocycle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Nice video and welcome. How many punctures? And how many of them came in Dublin? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

Congrats and welcome to Dublin, Rob. Great Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RobCyclist

@ crosstownk -  Thanks mate. I was cycling for 7 and a half days,  I didn't go the most direct route. Cheers 

@ Inquitus -  Cheers man. Probably about half of of it was on road. In the peak district and Nottingham forest etc it was all off road. As well as the majority of the North Wales coast had a separate cycling path. And there were a few old railway lines I was on. I used a website called cycle travel to map my cycle tour. I followed some of the UK national cycle network routes from city to city. And just shoved them on an old gps. I wanted to visit some of the Northern midland cities. I've never been to Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham before and thought I might as well check them out on the way to Dublin.

@ DanDublin1982 - Cheers Dan. I got four punctures and haha I got none in Dublin :) Got them all in North Wales.

@ mattser -  thanks buddy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Congratulations on the cycle. The video was high quality, both image quality and content (was expecting worse) and I would happily have watched a lot more.
    I associate cycling with pain. You made it look fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RobCyclist

diomed wrote: »
    Congratulations on the cycle.  The video was high quality, both image quality and content (was expecting worse) and I would happily have watched a lot more.
    I associate cycling with pain.  You made it look fun.

Thanks Diomed :) 

f

Advertisement