Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair dyed

Options
  • 13-05-2017 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Got no 5 and 6 today but too dark.
    What should I ask for next time? :)

I might try lemon juice later to see if can tame it:)

Know it's difficult for hairdressers to know what colour you want.

Thanks☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Going to try get apt with hairdresser today or this week
    Cannot look at it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Smile111 wrote: »
    Got no 5 and 6 today but too dark.
    What should I ask for next time? :)

I might try lemon juice later to see if can tame it:)

Know it's difficult for hairdressers to know what colour you want.

Thanks☺

I'm not sure what you mean by no 5 and 6? Perhaps you could explain a bit more about what you're asking?

They were the colour shades used in my hair. I need to get it lighter.

Any home remedies that actually work?
    Will buy head and shoulders today and try that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ok well I'm not sure what shades they were but if your hair was only dyed yesterday be careful about damaging it.

What colour is it and what colour did you want? Did you bring in a photo of what you wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wafflepie

Did the stylist show you the colour chart before hand? I'm just asking because no reputable hairdressers would just put in colours without showing you a colour chart and doing a consultantion. To lighten your hair you would be better off returning to a hairdressers than trying to lighten yourself. Do you know if they used a semi permanent or a permanent colour? If it's a semi it's easier to remove and will fade out to a lighter colour itself after a few washes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Try washing your hair with Pantene Clarifying shampoo, it'll take away some of the initial darkness that newly died hair can get. Mine always goes about 4 shades darker then the chart but it calms down after a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Blondes can take a while to settle.
    Definitely don't mess around with lemon juice or home lighteners on freshly bleached hair, you'll just end up drying it out further, risking damage, and you can't control how light it becomes.
    Go back to your hairdresser after it's settled if you're still not happy and explain what you want, using a couple of pictures for reference, asking if the look you want can actually be achieved. Describing what you want with words alone is a bit of a minefield because everything is open to interpretation!
    It's always a good idea to go blinder by degrees anyway.
    I've used the John Freida go blonder shamooo and conditioner range to brighten my colour after a few weeks and they also do hairsprays with optical brighteners which can help lift your look in between salon appointments.

Hi,

I went back to a different hairdresser and got highlights .
    Looks a lot better now. Thanks :)

Advertisement