Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Bank League 2017-2018 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Cookie_fan wrote: »
    they all played well, big step up in physicallity which the all seem able for, they will take a couple of weeks to bed in and get used to things moving quicker at 1A level, but overall they are very promising, we moved the ball wide better than i have seen us in a long time.
    Trinity's prop that came on and shored up their scrum impressed and Courtney, not aware of many other players apart from Billy O'Hora who did well.

Much appreciated.

Is Conor Phillips in and around the senior squad do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cookie_fan

I think he is still in school, I havent seen him involved in any of the 20's, 2nds, or firsts games I was at and the interpros are finished so I would imagine that he is still with Crescent, I know the club will be hoping to bring him in next year, he has been with since underage so hoping he sticks with us. Along with O'Gorman, Hayes & Luke Fitz they could be the nucleaus of a backline for the next 4 to 5 years providing they stick around Limerick and dont move for work/college

Cookie_fan wrote: »
    I think he is still in school, I havent seen him involved in any of the 20's, 2nds, or firsts games I was at and the interpros are finished so I would imagine that he is still with Crescent, I know the club will be hoping to bring him in next year, he has been with since underage so hoping he sticks with us. Along with O'Gorman, Hayes & Luke Fitz they could be the nucleaus of a backline for the next 4 to 5 years providing they stick around Limerick and dont move for work/college

Ah right, yeah that makes sense.
    Could see Luke Fitz moving seeing he was dropped by Munster and picked up by Connacht. Still have seen players play for clubs in limerick while attached to Connacht.

9. Jack Lyons
    10. Alan Tynan
    11. Conor Phillips
    12. Evan O'Gorman
    13. Luke Fitzgerald
    14. Daniel Hurley
    15. Conor Hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 38 young munster man

Was there myself, dissappointing to lose after being 14-0 up but trinity were the better side overall. WE knocked on just short of the line at 14-3 just before half time

Also had kick to win it when maybe better option against wind was to go for corner, (always wrong decision when you miss!)

The guy who impressed me most for trinity was their loose head who went after after starting loose head was binned for 3 collapses. Hilariously the new prop went on the pitch with his bib still on. Was a few yards in when somebody shouted him to take it off.

Counrtney was very good, they showed lot of physicality and will to win, seemed to be a different trinity side from the one i had read about from previous weeks. Hayes ogorman and hurley did well, all three physically very strong.

Have garryowen next in the cup followed by con away (won 5 out of last 6 down there i think) marys home, garryowen away, tarf home then nure away and home, Hard to see where wins going to come from. Garryowen may be missing guys due to b and i cup, we be missing coombes and maybe hurley so we have chance, really need to get tynan, nash and wycherley back

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Ah right, yeah that makes sense.
    Could see Luke Fitz moving seeing he was dropped by Munster and picked up by Connacht. Still have seen players play for clubs in limerick while attached to Connacht.

9. Jack Lyons
    10. Alan Tynan
    11. Conor Phillips
    12. Evan O'Gorman
    13. Luke Fitzgerald
    14. Daniel Hurley
    15. Conor Hayes

plus we could have nash and goggin

• Advertisement

plus we could have nash and goggin

Neither will be playing AIL rugby for much longer if they reach their potential.

The guy who impressed me most for trinity was their loose head who went after after starting loose head was binned for 3 collapses. Hilariously the new prop went on the pitch with his bib still on. Was a few yards in when somebody shouted him to take it off.

Joe Byrne, Leinster u20 prop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

3 week AIL break. Munster senior cup continues next weekend.

Trinity playing Cambridge in college park next weekend before travelling to Oxford the following Tuesday

Trinity beat Cambridge easily enough 36-10 and gave a number of 20s a run including Ruben Pim Jack Dunne Dan Sheehan. Paddy Finaly got 40 mins on his return from injury. Some lovely tries by Michael Courtney Dunne and Evan Dixon.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Trinity beat Cambridge easily enough 36-10 and gave a number of 20s a run including Ruben Pim Jack Dunne Dan Sheehan. Paddy Finaly got 40 mins on his return from injury. Some lovely tries by Michael Courtney Dunne and Evan Dixon.

They have all and are likely to stay playing senior, I beleive all have featured in first 4 AIL games

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    They have all and are likely to stay playing senior, I beleive all have featured in first 4 AIL games

Sheehan was on bench for 3 Dunne started 2 and was on bench for 1 Pim wasnt involved in any-his brother Sam started 3 but got injured in Lansdowne game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Stainalert

ArmchairQB wrote: »

Sheehan was on bench for 3 Dunne started 2 and was on bench for 1 Pim wasnt involved in any-his brother Sam started 3 but got injured in Lansdowne game
    Will be interesting to see what happens when Jack Kelly is back in action. Silvester playing well at 15 as are both centres. Will be a nice problem for Trinity to have.

Stainalert wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what happens when Jack Kelly is back in action. Silvester playing well at 15 as are both centres. Will be a nice problem for Trinity to have.

Best back 3 will be Kelly at 15 with Sylvestre and Mollen on wings-Fromm playing first game in 15 months at 12 for Trinity v Oxford tomorrow night off bench. McDermott at 10 now taking contact and hopefully back in a month at most. Mollen injured in 7s a couple of weeks back so out for a few weeks. Dixon also out for a couple of weeks as got a knock in Y Munster so might be Fromm at 12 and Courtney at 13 for their next UBL game v Buccs on Sat week.

Fromm is always injured

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

I heard Ruben pim played for the 20's last weekend but didn't start could you be thinking of his brother, two games in quick succession would be odd but may explain him not starting

D14Rugby wrote: »
    I heard Ruben pim played for the 20's last weekend but didn't start could you be thinking of his brother, two games in quick succession would be odd but may explain him not starting

Was at both-Sam is injured-Ruben started on Sat and played 60 and played 20 off the bench for 20s on Sun

Rueben seems to be highly rated, only 18.

Rueben seems to be highly rated, only 18.

their da chris was brilliant player -captained leinster to european cup semi final in 1995

conor hayes on bench for munster a tonight

Two friday night games, 3 saturday night games this weekend:

Friday: Clontarf vs Terenure
    Friday: St. Marys vs Lansdowne
    Saturday: Buccaneers vs Dublin University
    Saturday: Cork Constitution vs Young Munster
    Saturday: Garryowen vs UCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

1A
    Friday 7.30pm
    Clontarf v Terenure
    St Marys v Lansdowne
    Saturday 2.30pm
    Buccaneers v Trinity
    Cork Con v Young Munster
    Garryowen v UCD

Buccaneers and Trinity. Buccaneers really need a win here considering they've yet to score a point and Trinity who're 9th 4 points ahead of them. Terenure will be favourites against Terenure to extend their time at top of the table.

1B
    Friday 7.30pm
    UL Bohs v Shannon 4G pitch in UL not annacotty
    Saturday 2.30pm
    Banbridge v Ballynahinch
    Dolphin v Old Belvedere
    Naas v Ballymena
    UCC v Old Wesley

Shannon should beat Bohs on form but its a derby so form goes out the window. Ballynahinch and Banbridge should also be a very good game as its 3rd v 2nd.

2A
    Saturday 2.30pm
    Blackrock College v Malone
    Cashel v Greystones
    Armagh v Nenagh
    Galwegians v Queens University
    Highfield v Galway Corinthians

Nenagh Armagh will be super game. Nenagh are in very good form since getting well beaten by Malone in round one and Armagh
    Malone are top and have been scoring freely in each game so far. They shouldn't have too much of an issue against Blackrock

2B
    Saturday 2.30pm
    Belfast Harlequins v MU Barnhall
    City Of Derry v Old Crescent
    Dungannon v Rainey Old Boys
    Skerries v Sundays Well
    Wanderers v Navan

Crescent should be comfortable winners up in Derry while its unlikely Belfast Harlequins will change their winless start to season against Barnhall. Think Navan will narrowly beat Wanderers but think other games are too close to call
    2C
    Saturday 2.30pm
    Bective Rangers v Sligo
    Bruff v Seapoint
    Malahide v Bangor
    Midleton v Thomond
    Omagh v Tullamore

Sligo shouldn't have too many issues on 4G in Donnybrook against Bective so barring big surprise will still be top of the table. Not so sure on who too tip for the other games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

1B
    Friday 7.30pm
    UL Bohs v Shannon 4G pitch in UL not annacotty
    Saturday 2.30pm
    Banbridge v Ballynahinch
    Dolphin v Old Belvedere
    Naas v Ballymena
    UCC v Old Wesley

Shannon should beat Bohs on form but its a derby so form goes out the window. Ballynahinch and Banbridge should also be a very good game as its 3rd v 2nd.

I could have sworn the Belvo match was in Angelsea Road when I looked it up last week. I'll need to find another match to go to on Saturday afternoon so!

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »
    I could have sworn the Belvo match was in Angelsea Road when I looked it up last week. I'll need to find another match to go to on Saturday afternoon so!
    No its def in Cork.
    I'm running marathon in Dublin on Sunday so after registering may go to one of the games Saturday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

No its def in Cork.
    I'm running marathon in Dublin on Sunday so after registering may go to one of the games Saturday afternoon.

The only other game that really suits me is the Rock v Malone match...but that looks like it could be very one sided

BDJW wrote: »
    The only other game that really suits me is the Rock v Malone match...but that looks like it could be very one sided
    Yeah. Malone very strong. Met one of the Malone players at a schools game a while back and there's a real big push up there to get to division 1.
    I'm running marathon Sunday so will be in Dublin Saturday so likely to go a game in afternoon but not sure which to go to

bohs v shannon on in thomond friday night so prob go there

real dissappointing to lose to garryowen in el clasico II, at 6 3 up they had try from a blocked clearance kick, they were better side for much of second half and went 16-6 up, real windy conditions ie garryowens going backwards, we got two well worked tries from tom mchale and evan ogorman but conversion missed, they got a scrum penalty (harsh i thought but im biased) which won it for them , much improved performance, but we gotta got wins from somewhere. away to con saturday where we have an excellent recent record, to hopefullyget seomthing from that game and see what happens with trinity and buccs

Clontarf v Terenure - Clontarf
    St Marys v Lansdowne - Fingers crossed for an away win
    Buccaneers v Trinity - Trinity to follow up with another away win
    Cork Con v Young Munster - Con to win well (sorry Munsters)
    Garryowen v UCD - Tempted to go with UCD here but some sevens players away so saying Garryowen

1B
    UL Bohs v Shannon  - Shannon 
    Banbridge v Ballynahinch - Banbridge
    Dolphin v Old Belvedere - Old Belvedere
    Naas v Ballymena - Naas
    UCC v Old Wesley - UCC 

Strange - no previews yet from IRFU for this weekends games

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LFCTID

Strange - no previews yet from IRFU for this weekends games

I thought the same yeah. Was hoping they would as I wanted to get a rough idea what the Mary's line up was for the game tonight before I head out to it.

LFCTID wrote: »
    I thought the same yeah. Was hoping they would as I wanted to get a rough idea what the Mary's line up was for the game tonight before I head out to it.

They wudnt give that anyway

Didn't get a paper this morning. Were any teams named?

• Advertisement

Didn't get a paper this morning. Were any teams named?
    here's the Mary's and lansdowne team:

Lansdowne:
    15 Eamon mills
    14 Dan mcevoy
    13 Harry brennan
    12 fergal cleary
    11 Adam leavy
    10 Scott deasy
    9 Charlie rock
    8 willy earle
    7 Charlie butterworth
    6 jack dwan
    5 Oisin dowling
    4 josh o'rourke
    3 ian prenderville (capt)
    2 Tyrone Moran
    1 ntinga mpiko
    Subs:
    Jack Dineen, Greg mcgrath, jack O'Sullivan, Alan Beenie, Tom Roche.

Mary's:
    15 emmet ferron
    14 Tim maupin
    13 Darren moroney
    12 marcus o'driscoll
    11 Craig Kennedy
    10 Conor dean
    9 Patrick o'driscoll
    8 jack dilger
    7 nick mccarthy
    6 DarragH McDonnell
    5 David O'connor
    4 Ciaran ruddock (capt).
    3 Adam coyle
    2 Richard halpin
    1 thomas o'reilly
    Subs:
    Stephen o'brien, Brendan cullinane, Mark fallon, David fanagan, myles Carey,

here's the Mary's and lansdowne team:

Lansdowne:
    15 Eamon mills
    14 Dan mcevoy
    13 Harry brennan
    12 fergal cleary
    11 Adam leavy
    10 Scott deasy
    9 Charlie rock
    8 willy earle
    7 Charlie butterworth
    6 jack dwan
    5 Oisin dowling
    4 josh o'rourke
    3 ian prenderville (capt)
    2 Tyrone Moran
    1 ntinga mpiko
    Subs:
    Jack Dineen, Greg mcgrath, jack O'Sullivan, Alan Beenie, Tom Roche.

Mary's:
    15 emmet ferron
    14 Tim maupin
    13 Darren moroney
    12 marcus o'driscoll
    11 Craig Kennedy
    10 Conor dean
    9 Patrick o'driscoll
    8 jack dilger
    7 nick mccarthy
    6 DarragH McDonnell
    5 David O'connor
    4 Ciaran ruddock (capt).
    3 Adam coyle
    2 Richard halpin
    1 thomas o'reilly
    Subs:
    Stephen o'brien, Brendan cullinane, Mark fallon, David fanagan, myles Carey,

33-7 to lansdowne at fulltime.. tries from jack O'Sullivan, Adam leavy x2, Charlie rock and jack dineen. Mary's try scorer was the winger. Tarf also won 29-17 so I heard

33-7 to lansdowne at fulltime.. tries from jack O'Sullivan, Adam leavy x2, Charlie rock and jack dineen. Mary's try scorer was the winger. Tarf also won 29-17 so I heard

who impressed?

who impressed?
    Hard to pick really as lansdowne weren't great 1st half forcing errors but for lansdowne Harry Brennan's speed was electric, Adam leavy and Dan mcevoy on the wing, Charlie rock at 9.
    For Mary's dave fanagan was impressive as was tim maupin.

1A
    Clontarf 29 Terenure 17, St Marys 7 Lansdowne 33
    1B
    UL Bohemians 22 Shannon 27

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/278850/shannon-defeat-ul-bohemian-at-thomond-park-to-remain-top-of-division-1b.html

report in the leader from shannon v bohs - went out to it good match,

that jack dineen is son of len dineen jr ex con/crescent and munster and grandson of ledgendary limerick rugby commentator Len dineen senior

best of luck munsters tomorrow

• Advertisement

Hard to pick really as lansdowne weren't great 1st half forcing errors but for lansdowne Harry Brennan's speed was electric, Adam leavy and Dan mcevoy on the wing, Charlie rock at 9.
    For Mary's dave fanagan was impressive as was tim maupin.

that boy brennan seems to be brilliant - massive against us as well,
    am i correct he is a newcomer to ail - where did he come from

lansdowne u20s via gonzaga

dunno about jack dineens family connections myself but I know he was part of the Connacht academy set up for the last year or two and moved to Dublin this year and now plays with lansdowne. And yeah harry Brennan is highly rated player he was great against cookies in that game in the aviva main pitch last month got man of the match that day. This is his first year at AIL he came from gonzaga college after playing sct for them the gonzaga sct coach is also lansdowne 20s coach so brought him into the 20s club set up and now this year he's been given his shot.

how'd conor dean go?

long week for him playing leinster A, two heavy days at ireland camp and a game on friday.

how'd conor dean go?

long week for him playing leinster A, two heavy days at ireland camp and a game on friday.
    Played alright yeah. Sean kearns was meant to start at 15 also but pulled out last minute.

• Advertisement

Went to bective Sligo in Donnybrook. Terrible game. One of worst I've seen in a long while. Sligo were bad and Bective much much worse.
    Sligo won 17-7.

Went to bective Sligo in Donnybrook. Terrible game. One of worst I've seen in a long while. Sligo were bad and Bective much much worse.
    Sligo won 17-7.
    I went to watch it too seen as there were no 1a or 1b dublin clubs playing at home today. I agree piss poor game. Plenty of Players been greedy taking the ball up themselves when they should have passed coz it was on out wide 🀔. Think that 2/3 seasons in a row now bective have dropped a league I can see them dropping to junior level come April-may to be honest...

LFCTID wrote:
    I went to watch it too seen as there were no 1a or 1b dublin clubs playing at home today. I agree piss poor game. Plenty of Players been greedy taking the ball up themselves when they should have passed coz it was on out wide ðŸ€â€. Think that 2/3 seasons in a row now bective have dropped a league I can see them dropping to junior level come April-may to be honest...
    Yeah. Had to laugh. Was in the stand and was getting frustrated with the poor performances in front of me said a few things out loud and happened to be sitting quite close to few wives of bective players who got knickers very much in a twist with the fair enough comments I was making....
    Bective were in 2A up until 14/15. Finished bottom. Then in 15/16 finished 8th in 2B before finishing 9th last season and losing in first game of promotion/relegation playoffs.

On basis today very easily could be junior next season

Fantastic result today had copeland and wycherley in 2nd row, cccalvin nash for half hour. Copeland was brilliant,nash is freakishly strong,, were 13 nil down after 20 mins, looked on for a hammering, didnt enter their 22 in forst 30, and 2 entries to 22 between 30-40 mins – bang bang tries by ben kilkenny and james oconnor both in corner 2nd one converted , both will be contenders for try of the month and kilkennys one a possible winner, 19-12 down with ten mins left, try by daniel hurley unconverted, spend last couple of minutes camped on their line, we were held up over the line then knocked on over the line (for potential 4th try) got a peno copeland took quick tap got another one on the buzzer , balls of steel from shane airey to stick it over. Brilliant day followed by a brilliant rendition of beautiful munsters. thats 5 wins in a row regular season wins down in con Think we will move the marys game next week to con, given our records there,

well done lads, from a delirious munsters man

some scenes from the away section in templehill, excellent munsters supports there today

some scenes from the away section in templehill, excellent munsters supports there today
    that picture 😂😂😂. How did colm Skehan and Ger slatts do today?

Clontarf v Terenure - Clontarf
    St Marys v Lansdowne - Fingers crossed for an away win
    Buccaneers v Trinity - Trinity to follow up with another away win
    Cork Con v Young Munster - Con to win well (sorry Munsters)
    Garryowen v UCD - Tempted to go with UCD here but some sevens players away so saying Garryowen

1B
    UL Bohs v Shannon  - Shannon 
    Banbridge v Ballynahinch - Banbridge
    Dolphin v Old Belvedere - Old Belvedere
    Naas v Ballymena - Naas
    UCC v Old Wesley - UCC 

Trinity got a much needed win in Buccs-pulled away in last 20-tight up to that-Trinity players who impressed-both Dunnes/Fromm/Courtney/Sylvestre/Finlay /Sheehan and Joe Byrne-at end T had 5 20s on the pitch-Jack Kelly back this weekend v Con-starting to build some momentum-Con will be very tough but Marys game following week will be a big one for them in the context of the season.

3rd Lansdowne try was Alan Bennie and not Jack Dinneen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/278850/shannon-defeat-ul-bohemian-at-thomond-park-to-remain-top-of-division-1b.html

report in the leader from shannon v bohs - went out to it good match,

that jack dineen is son of len dineen jr ex con/crescent and munster and grandson of ledgendary limerick rugby commentator Len dineen senior

best of luck munsters tomorrow
    With the score at 27-22, UL Bohemian's opted to kick at goal with five minutes remaining.

Apparently the ref told the ULBohs players there was only 3 points between the two teams, word from the sideline was there was 5 but ref insisted it only 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

Buccaneers falling apart this year will almost certainly be relegated

• Advertisement
Advertisement