Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Bank League 2017-2018 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

LFCTID wrote:
    I know unfortunately probably not but I just live in hope it does lol. If u watched the documentary a few weeks back on axel I think it was paul O'Connell spoke about how u used to get only like 5,000 watching a leinster munster game but x3 times at a local ail game years ago. Really would like to see ail back at them numbers but it will probably take slot of wishing tho ha!
    thats delusional though. The numbers attending ail will never pick up to that level again. When the provinces started playing regularly with the Celtic league starting in 2001 that was the start of the end of huge crowds attending club games as the best players were no longer regularly playing ail.
    Those crowd numbers won't be back at club ail or junior games. Ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Looks like a lot of the leinster academy were in glasgow last night so wouldnt expect to see many playing today

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LFCTID

Teams for today:

LFCTID wrote: »
    Teams for today:
    Lansdowne win with a bonus in the bag 32-22

thats delusional though. The numbers attending ail will never pick up to that level again. When the provinces started playing regularly with the Celtic league starting in 2001 that was the start of the end of huge crowds attending club games as the best players were no longer regularly playing ail.
    Those crowd numbers won't be back at club ail or junior games. Ever.
    I know hence why I was saying wishing haha probably never be at that level again pity tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

I know hence why I was saying wishing haha probably never be at that level again pity tho

Only time i can see crowds realistically getting near those levels in the near enough future is if terenure play st marys in the ail final. Probably the best attended regular league game each year but even with the boost you get for a final it'd probably still fall well short of pre 2001 highs

Who impressed today?

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Who impressed today?

Harry Brennan, Adam leavy when he came on, mark o'keefe at centre was impressive, foster horan but went didn't play full 80! Forwards all the backrow was impressive to be honest. Garryowen second row Aaron mcclouskey was absolutely huge haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Trinity side for Cork Con game, No Jack Kelly named.

1. James Bollard
    2. Paddy Finlay
    3. Joe Byrne(u20)
    4. Jack Burke
    5. Jack Dunne(u20)
    6. Sam Pim
    7. Richard Dunne(u20)
    8. David St. Leger
    9. Angus Lloyd
    10. Tommy Whittle
    11. Billy O'Hora
    12. Seb Fromm
    13. Michael Courtney
    14. Hugh Connors
    15. Michael Silvester(u20)
    16. Dan Sheehan(u20)
    17. Darragh Higgins
    18. Niall O'Riordan
    19. Rowan Osborne
    20. James Fennelly

http://www.universitytimes.ie/2017/11/cork-pack-too-strong-in-away-win-against-dufc/

Good report on Trinty/Con game

Howd the 20s lads fair?

• Advertisement

Howd the 20s lads fair?

They did fine-Sylvestre really is a good player-just glides past people!

Richard Dunne off after 20 with a quad/Joe Byrne very solid against a big Con front Row and Jack Dunne good again. Sheehan only got last 10

Anyone at the tarf game, how was hughie at 9 and the younger o'brien at 13?

Heard darcy was top notch at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 young munster man

good riddance the B&I cup, will probably be replaced by some other competition , 6 game home and away interpros maybe, play em same weekend as european games, and once over let the contracted players play with their clubs. AIL games are usually of a higher intensity the Provincial a games, avoids repeat of last years horrific clash B&I and league semis,

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Only time i can see crowds realistically getting near those levels in the near enough future is if terenure play st marys in the ail final. Probably the best attended regular league game each year but even with the boost you get for a final it'd probably still fall well short of pre 2001 highs

id think that your best chance of a well attended final would be one involving a limerick club most likely ourselves, wont be near anything like the old days and certainly not the 17000 we brought in 1993, we will have to bring the goat back if we ever make a final again!!!

good riddance the B&I cup, will probably be replaced by some other competition , 6 game home and away interpros maybe, play em same weekend as european games, and once over let the contracted players play with their clubs. AIL games are usually of a higher intensity the Provincial a games, avoids repeat of last years horrific clash B&I and league semis,
    Provinces need games for their fringe players. They'll still play loads of A games either mid week or at weekends. 6 games isnt enough and all provinces will play plenty more than 6 games at A level.
    Having contracted players play AIL is great and plenty do but provincial coaches will always want the control that A games has over club games.
    id think that your best chance of a well attended final would be one involving a limerick club most likely ourselves, wont be near anything like the old days and certainly not the 17000 we brought in 1993, we will have to bring the goat back if we ever make a final again!!!
    I dont think thats anywhere true that a "well attended" final would need to involve a Limerick side. And what would you see as well attended anyway?

s. 6 games isnt enough and all provinces will play plenty more than 6 games at A level.

are they not playing 6 games as it is plus knockout stages, even with and odd inter pro friendly i dont thin they playing "plenty more than 6"

The Lost Sheep
    I dont think thats anywhere true that a "well attended" final would need to involve a Limerick side. And what would you see as well attended anyway?

I dont think myself that a "well attended" final would need to involve a Limerick side hence i said that your "best chance" of having a well attended final would be one involving a limerick club-

im basing that view on the attendances i see at our matches home and away

well attended final for me would be 3/4k plus
    our last 3 semi finals got circa 2/2500 of which a sizeable chunk was our travelling support

Fantastic result Munsters, im fairly sure its our record victory in AIL. With the points difference its akin to getting 6 points from a game. We scored striaght from KO. They kick off we scored another try of month contender from rob guerin. They immediately replied 7-7. We got 2 penalties and got the nugde at scrum time.

15 mins in ref pulled up with dodgy calf he got round of applause from the ultra, first time i ever saw a ref being clapped off in greenfields, our fourth official went touch judge first time i ever saw a tough judge wearing garden gloves!!

Went 13-7 up, the coombes got a fine try and on the button had series of scrums under post and eventually got pen try. At 27-7 up marys had period of pressure on our line. They chip kicked through rugby league style, and marys lad knocks on while attempting to catch under the sticks. Straight away we go down and get bonus point try and in fairness to our lad they didnt relent and were ruthless.

Felt fro the marys fans (bar ourselves they probably have the best travelling support in the league) but from a marys point of view i think this was a freak show and they are nowehere near as bad a side as they scoreline suggests ( remember garryowen v tarf afew weeks back)

Fantastic performance and result and a raucious rendition of beautiful munsters to boot. Tynan made first appearance of season from bench and ger sla came off bench too. Our back row was brilliant. With buccs and trinity losing it puts us in a far safer position

Massive Massive game for us v the auld enemy friday night in dooradoyle, availability of contracted players be crucial wooten/arnold/johnstons/sherry/sean oconnor for them vis a vis nash coombes tynan copeland wycherley for us, there is no munster game this week but I believe this is the week players go on their holiers. Factor in they now have 3 lads who played with us one of which darren ryan has 2 triplets playing wiht us , really whets the jelly.

adn from a limerick point of view its great to see crescent shannon and bruff thomond doing well . fantastic rendition of the isle on the shannon twitter feed, hope they all get promoted, having shannon back up (assuming they make it and we stay up) takes off another away trip and gives us a good friday night gate

• Advertisement

are they not playing 6 games as it is plus knockout stages, even with and odd inter pro friendly i dont thin they playing "plenty more than 6"
    They play 6 in B&I at a minimum and also another
    I dont think myself that a "well attended" final would need to involve a Limerick side hence i said that your "best chance" of having a well attended final would be one involving a limerick club-

im basing that view on the attendances i see at our matches home and away

well attended final for me would be 3/4k plus
    our last 3 semi finals got circa 2/2500 of which a sizeable chunk was our travelling support
    And in no way would a Limerick club be needed for attendance to be quite high. Ive been at finals and Lansdowne, Clontarf and many other clubs would be higher/as high as any club from Limerick. Dont be so arrogant to say a well attended game has to have a Limerick club playing.
    adn from a limerick point of view its great to see crescent shannon and bruff thomond doing well. fantastic rendition of the isle on the shannon twitter feed, hope they all get promoted, having shannon back up (assuming they make it and we stay up) takes off another away trip and gives us a good friday night gate
    And is there a reason why you throw in a comment about the travelling support in nearly every second post???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

And in no way would a Limerick club be needed for attendance to be quite high. Ive been at finals and Lansdowne, Clontarf and many other clubs would be higher/as high as any club from Limerick. Dont be so arrogant to say a well attended game has to have a Limerick club playing.

And is there a reason why you throw in a comment about the travelling support in nearly every second post???

Maybe, just maybe; he's a passionate YM fan, which is fairly evident. It is also fairly evident that he wants Munster clubs back in 1A. It is also the case that the Munster clubs are extremely good at travelling up to Dublin for games, and have a track record of big numbers, definitely more than the Dublin clubs going down there. Personally I'd love if an Ulster team and another Munster team came up; Buccs are for the chop this season. 5 Leinster, 4 Munster and an Ulster would be a good mix, and better for the league as a whole. It's hardly arrogant by the way, he's backing it up with actual numbers or close estimates to show for it.

Maybe, just maybe; he's a passionate YM fan, which is fairly evident. It is also fairly evident that he wants Munster clubs back in 1A. It is also the case that the Munster clubs are extremely good at travelling up to Dublin for games, and have a track record of big numbers, definitely more than the Dublin clubs going down there. Personally I'd love if an Ulster team and another Munster team came up; Buccs are for the chop this season. 5 Leinster, 4 Munster and an Ulster would be a good mix, and better for the league as a whole. It's hardly arrogant by the way, he's backing it up with actual numbers or close estimates to show for it.
    Some Munster clubs are good many are not anywhere near as good as most dublin sides.
    It would be good to see a greater spread but its extremely unlikely.

And it is arrogant to say a well attended final needs a Limerick side involved. Clontarf Lansdowne have brought bigger crowds than Limerick sides to their finals.
    I will agree on you that it would be great if 2 Dublin sides go down and replaced by non Dublin sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Anyone at the tarf game, how was hughie at 9 and the younger o'brien at 13?

Heard darcy was top notch at 12.
    Hughie was excellent probably my man of the match. Worked brilliantly with Matt Darcy, got in behind a number of times. His game tracking reminded me of TJ Perenara. Always running ahead anticipating a break. Seanie went very well too another try. Cormac Daly was very impressive too. Cormac scored again he is massive for a 19 year old has quality skills.

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Hughie was excellent probably my man of the match. Worked brilliantly with Matt Darcy, got in behind a number of times. His game tracking reminded me of TJ Perenara. Always running ahead anticipating a break. Seanie went very well too another try. Cormac Daly was very impressive too. Cormac scored again he is massive for a 19 year old has quality skills.

forgot to ask about Daly, seems to be going very well for you guys.

Hughie is an outstanding prospect at 9, underrated I think because he played 15 for Belvedere.

Good to hear on all 3.

forgot to ask about Daly, seems to be going very well for you guys.

Hughie is an outstanding prospect at 9, underrated I think because he played 15 for Belvedere.

Good to hear on all 3.
    Cormac has probably been our best signing this year so far. I've been massively impressed with him. Hughie is top quality, looking forward to him for the year. Not sure we will necessarily see too much of him after this year.

• Advertisement

Cormac has probably been our best signing this year so far. I've been massively impressed with him. Hughie is top quality, looking forward to him for the year. Not sure we will necessarily see too much of him after this year.

Yeah Hughie has potential to move through academy and into senior setup very quickly.. expect him to start for Ireland u20.

Daly has a lot of competition at lock, interested to see how that plays out. Same with SOB in the centre.

Quick opinion on how the following UCD players got on: Loughman at 1, McNulty at 2, Byrne at 10 and Mullin at 12? And if Frawley got a lot of gametime how he got on?

Yeah Hughie has potential to move through academy and into senior setup very quickly.. expect him to start for Ireland u20.

Daly has a lot of competition at lock, interested to see how that plays out. Same with SOB in the centre.

Quick opinion on how the following UCD players got on: Loughman at 1, McNulty at 2, Byrne at 10 and Mullin at 12? And if Frawley got a lot of gametime how he got on?
    Cormac was in with Ireland senior squad last week apparently.
    Loughman was OK played 1 - RBF was fairly dominant against him but Loughman bested Vakh in the latter stages when Vakh moved to TH.
    McNulty was good in fairness got through a lot of work and carried well. Byrne was good at 10 - I thought he kicked very well in particular. Mullin was good too he looks very sharp. Didn't really notice much of Frawley.

sheeps comments in bold followed by my response

-yes but that hardly ties in with your comment and they will be playing “plenty more than 6”, my view is that they will be playing a similar amount of A games as at present

Please name the "many other clubs" with support higher/as high as limerick clubs, what matches have you been at to base this view?

I didnt say that a well attended game has to have a Limerick club playing. What i did say was the best chance of a well attended final would be one involving a limerick club most likely ourselves, and probably shannon as well

-well i have referred to your travellin support in 4 of my previous 30 posts – hardly every second post, but we do have excellent travelling support certainly better support than opposition clubs bring to us.

I base my view that a limerick club would most likely result in a higher attendance as follows , I have been to all our games home and away last 2 seasons and all so far this season, Based on what i am seeing at those games we have more home support at our home games than the opposition clubs have at their home games and we bring most away supporters than they do when they come to us.

Since the league went back to play offs we have been in all 3 semis. In 2015 we outnumbered Lansdowne up there, and in 2016 we well outnumbered cork con down there , outnumbered them in Senior and junior cup finals there as well, we outnumbered them last week as well. clontarf games this year was more 50/50. Based on that i think its reasonable to guess that had won won any of those semis it would have resulted in a bigger crowd. Not just munsters, shannon, crescent ,bruff,thomond be best supported sides in their division. Shannon brough bigger crowds to their finals in 2002/04/05/06 and 2009 than Dublin teams , Garryowen v cons 2007/08 got around 4k – i know i was at them. Plus if a limerick side did get to a final there would be a novelty factors coz its so long since once of us has been there.

Dublin side with best support id say is probably tarf or marys with marys bringing best away support, best ever away support from a leinster side was greystones in the 90s

Maybe, just maybe; he's a passionate YM fan, which is fairly evident..

is there any other kind!!!!

it was pretty nice in 2013 having 6 munster sides (4 limerick and 2 cork), cut down the away travel quite a lot, plus the local derbies got better gates

munsters v garryowen usually gets around 2500 ish -likely be same again friday night

https://twitter.com/YoungMunsterRFC/status/925852739632058368

try of the month - to put the try in context we were 30 mins in 13 nil down hadnt crossed the 22 then this bit of magic which was catalyst to fantastic victory

i guess ben will be sharing the loot with his front row buddies!!!

• Advertisement

Props
    Leinster
    Oisin Heffernan(Terenure) - didn't play this weekend.
    Jeremy Loughman(UCD) - started at 1.
    Vakh Abdaladze(Clontarf) - bench.
    Jack Aungier(St. Marys) - started at 3.
    Ulster
    Tom O'Hagan(Rainey) - started at 3.
    Eric O'Sullivan(Banbridge) - stared at 1.
    Peter Cooper(Malone) - started at 3.
    Tom O'Toole(Banbridge) - bench.
    Munster
    Ciaran Parker(Shannon) - started at 3 for Shannon.
    Liam O'Connor(Cork Con) - started at 1 for the senior taeam.
    Joey Conway(UL Bohs) - started at 1.
    Rob O'Donovan(UCC) - started at 3.
    Connacht
    Conan O'Donnell(Buccaneers) - started at 3.
    Conor Kyne(Galwegians) - unknown
    Conor Kenny(Buccaneers) - didn't play this weekend.
    Matthew Burke(Corinthians) - started at 1.

Hookers
    Leinster
    Sean McNulty(UCD) - started at 2.
    Ronan Kelleher(Lansdowne) - bench.
    Ulster
    Adam McBurney(Ballymena) - bench for senior team.
    Zach McCall(Ballynahinch) - started at 2.
    Alex Clarke(Queens) - unknown.
    Munster
    Mike Sherry(Garryowen) - bench.
    Duncan Casey(Shannon) - started at 2, 2 tries.
    Vince O'Brien(Cork Con) - didn't play this weekend (inj).
    John Hodnett(UCC) - started at 2.
    Connacht
    Pat O'Toole(Corinthians) - bench.

2nd Rows
    Leinster
    Oisin Dowling(Lansdowne) - didn't play this weekend.
    Ulster
    Peter Browne(Ballynahinch) - started at 4.
    Jack Regan(Ballynahinch) - started at 5.
    John McCusker(Rainey) - started at 4.
    Matthew Dalton(Malone) - injured.
    Munster
    Sean O'Connor(Garryowen) - started at 4.
    Fineen Wycherley(Young Munster) - started at 4.
    Sean McCarthy(Shannon) - started at 5, 1 try.
    Ronan Coffey(Shannon) - started at 4.
    Connacht
    Peter Claffey(Buccaneers) - started at 5.
    Cillian Gallagher(Corinthians) - started at 5.

Backrow
    Leinster

Peadar Timmins(UCD) - didn't play this weekend.
    Josh Murphy(Year 3/UCD) - bench for senior team.
    Will Connors(Year 2/UCD) - 7's duty.
    Caelan Doris(Year 1/St. Marys) - bench.
    Richard Dunne(DUFC) - started at 7.
    Ulster
    Greg Jones(Banbridge) - started at 6.
    Marcus Rea(Ballymena) - started at 6
    Joe Dunleavy(Malone) - started at 6, 1 try.
    Aaron Hall(Ballynahinch) - bench.
    Nick Timoney(Banbridge) - injured.
    Munster
    Gavin Coombes(Young Munster) - started at 8 for YM, 2 tries.
    John Foley(Shannon) - bench.
    Jack O'Sullivan(UCC) - bench.
    Connacht
    Paul Boyle(Backrow/Buccaneers) - didn't play this weekend.
    Sean Masterson(Backrow/Corinthians) - didn't play this weekend.
    Harley Fox(Backrow/?) - unknown

Scrumhalf
    Leinster

Charlie Rock(Year 3/Lansdowne) - bench.
    Hugh O'Sullivan(Year 1/Clontarf) - started at 9
    Ulster
    Jonny Stewart(Queens) - bench for senior team.
    Aaron Cairns(Ballynahinch) - started at 9, 1 con, 1 pen.
    Munster
    Jack Stafford(Shannon) - started at 9 for Shannon.
    Craig Casey(Shannon) - didn't play this weekend (inj).
    John Poland(UCC) - started at 9.
    Connacht
    Stephen Kerins(Scrumhalf/Corinthians) - started at 9
    Ryan Feehily(Scrumhalf/Sligo) - started at 9

Outhalf
    Leinster

Conor Dean(St. Marys) - started at 10, 1 con.
    Harry Byrne(UCD) - started at 10, 1 pens, 3 cons.
    Ulster
    Brett Herron(Ballymena) - started at 10, 1 try, 4 cons, 2 pens.
    Angus Curtis(Queens) - unknown.
    Michael Lowry(Banbridge) - didn't play this weekend.
    Munster
    Bill Johnston(Garryowen) - started at 10.
    Conor Fitzgerald(Shannon) - started at 10, 4 cons.
    Alan Tynan(Young Munster) - bench, 2 cons.
    Connacht
    Luke Carty(Buccaneers) - started at 10, 1 con , 3 pens

Outside Backs
    Leinster

Ian Fitzpatrick(Lansdowne) - 7's duty.
    Conor O'Brien(Clontarf) - started at 12 for senior team.
    Jimmy O'Brien(UCD) - didn't play this weekend.
    Hugo Keenan(UCD) - bench for senior team.
    Terry Kennedy(St. Marys) - 7's duty.
    Jordan Larmour(St. Marys) - started at 15 for senior team.
    Jack Kelly(DUFC) - sub for 20's.
    Ciaran Frawley(UCD) - bench.
    Gavin Mullin(UCD) - started at 12.
    Tommy O'Brien(UCD) - didn't play this weekend, injured.
    Michael Silvester(DUFC) - started at 15.
    Ulster
    Jack Owens(Malone) - started at 15.
    David Busby(Ballynahinch) - started at 11, 1 try.
    Rory Butler(Ballynahinch) - started at 12.
    James Hume(Banbridge) - injured.
    Rob Lyttle(Banbridge) - started at 15, 2 cons.
    Munster
    Shane Daly(Cork Con) - 7's duty.
    Alex McHenry(Cork Con) - 7's duty.
    Stephen Fitzgerald(Shannon) - started at 15 for Shannon.
    Calvin Nash(Young Munster) - started at 13 for YM.
    Jack Power(Clontarf) - started at 15 for Clontarf, 1 try.
    Liam Coombes(Garryowen) - started at 15 for Garryowen.
    Daniel Hurley(Young Munster) - started at 11 for YM, 1 try.
    James McCarthy(UL Bohs) - didn't play this weekend (inj).
    Conor Hayes(Young Munster) - started at 15.
    Connacht
    Kieran Joyce(Corinthians) - started at 12.
    Jordan Conroy(Buccaneers) - 7's duty.
    Colm de Buitléar(Corinthians) - started at 15.

Not looking great for Dolphin is it?

Anybody know what was Garryowen scrum like against Lansdowne,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Anybody know what was Garryowen scrum like against Lansdowne,
    Solid enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think the Charity Cup was to be held in the Merket's Field but never went ahead there, looks like this year is a ruinner
    Colm Kinsella‏ @ckSportLeader

CONFIRMED: @GarryowenFC to face @nenaghormondrfc at Markets Field in Sporting Limerick Charity Cup Final, Friday, November 17, 7.30pm

Lot of Friday games this week so putting this up earlier
    1A
    Clontarf v Lansdowne (also Leinster League Final)
    Garryowen v Young Munster
    St Marys v Trinity 
    Terenure v UCD
    Buccaneers v Cork Con
    1B
    UCC v Dolphin
    Ballymena v Ballynahinch
    Naas v Shannon
    Banridge v Old Belvedere
    UL Bohs v Old Wesley

2 massive games between us and LFC and GO v YM. Really looking forward to Friday.

Load of Friday night games in division 2 as well
    2A
    Friday
    Blackrock v Greystones, Cashel v Nenagh, Galwegians v Corinthians, Malone v Queens
    Saturday
    Armagh v Highfield

2B
    Friday
    Sundays Well v Old Crescent, Skerries v Navan
    Saturday
    Belfast Harlequins v Dungannon, Wanderers v Barnhall, City of Derry v Rainey

2C
    Friday
    Bective v Seapoint, Bruff v Thomond
    Saturday
    Midleton v Malahide, Omagh v Bangor, Sligo v Tullamore

phog wrote: »
    I think the Charity Cup was to be held in the Merket's Field but never went ahead there, looks like this year is a ruinner

was there last year - we were due to play garryowen game was postponed, garryowen could not play the rematch so we played a sporting limerick selection made of junior players.

its actually garryowens original home pitch and held an ireland wales game in early 1900s - nice venue been there for LOI soccer games

really looking forward to tomorrow - the nerves though and the fear of losing

2 massive games between us and LFC and GO v YM. Really looking forward to Friday.
    Yep Lansdowne Clontarf game will be a huge game for both clubs.
    After watching Garryowen last week I would fancy them for their el classico against Young Munsters but Munsters seem to have gotten back their mojo so expect a very close encounter.
    St Marys v Trinity - I think Trinity might sneak this
    Terenure v UCD - UCD will be stronger this week so expect a very close game with Terenure winning out
    Buccaneers v Cork Con - Hard to see anything but a decent Con win here

UCC v Dolphin - UCC to win well
    Ballymena v Ballynahinch - Hinch the form team but think Ballymena will make home advantage pay
    Naas v Shannon - Naas struggling a bit at the moment and there seems no stopping Shannon
    Banridge v Old Belvedere - Tough to call but will go with Banbridge
    UL Bohs v Old Wesley - Old Wesley finally got a win last week and think they will keep winning this week

• Advertisement

So who's going to a game this weekend?
    Will be at the Galway derby in Glenina
    Depending on way of these games division 2A could split very much into top 5/bottom 5 with top 5 fighting for promotion and playoff spots with bottom 5 fighting to avoid relegation/playoff spots

Belfast Harlequins could be left adrift at bottom of 2B if they lose with nothing against Dungannon especially if the Derry derby game goes with form.
    Bruff Thomond big game in 2C with both 2nd/3rd respectively behind Sligo who shouldnt have too much trouble against Tullamore

Trinity Side for game today:

1. James Bollard
    2. Paddy Finlay
    3. Joe Byrne(u20)
    4. Jack Burke
    5. Alex MacDonald
    6. Sam Pim
    7. Richard Dunne(u20)
    8. David St. Leger
    9. Angus Lloyd
    10. James Fennelly
    11. Billy O'Hora
    12. Seb Fromm
    13. Michael Courtney
    14. Bryan Mollen
    16. Dan Sheehan(u20)
    17. Darragh Higgins
    18. Niall O'Riordan
    19. Rowan Osborne
    20. Jack Kelly

1. James Bollard
    2. Paddy Finlay
    3. Joe Byrne(u20)
    4. Jack Burke
    5. Alex MacDonald
    6. Sam Pim
    7. Richard Dunne(u20)
    8. David St. Leger
    9. Angus Lloyd
    10. James Fennelly
    11. Billy O'Hora
    12. Seb Fromm
    13. Michael Courtney
    14. Bryan Mollen
    16. Dan Sheehan(u20)
    17. Darragh Higgins
    18. Niall O'Riordan
    19. Rowan Osborne
    20. Jack Kelly
    Good to see Jack Kelly back

1. James Bollard
    2. Paddy Finlay
    3. Joe Byrne(u20)
    4. Jack Burke
    5. Alex MacDonald
    6. Sam Pim
    7. Richard Dunne(u20)
    8. David St. Leger
    9. Angus Lloyd
    10. James Fennelly
    11. Billy O'Hora
    12. Seb Fromm
    13. Michael Courtney
    14. Bryan Mollen
    16. Dan Sheehan(u20)
    17. Darragh Higgins
    18. Niall O'Riordan
    19. Rowan Osborne
    20. Jack Kelly

Jack Dunne injured-broken toe/Brian Mollen back from 7s in USA

Jack Dunne injured-broken toe/Brian Mollen back from 7s in USA

not ideal timing for Jack.

Was in work this evening unfortunately so didn't get out to castle avenue to support lansdowne but heard we won anyways and had fitzy back on the wing and Dooley at front row. How did we do performance wise we're we lucky to win or desirve it?

Went to Galwegians Corinthians. 7-7 draw. Interestingly both tries were penalty tries and were about a minute apart. Lots missed chances from both sides
    Miserable night for rugby as evident by some of the very low scoring games.

1A
    Clontarf 0 Lansdowne 9
    Garryowen 6 Young Munster 3
    St Marys 15 Trinity 18
    Terenure 17 UCD 22
    1B
    UCC 20 Dolphin 19
    Ballymena 0 Ballynahinch 27
    2A
    Blackrock College 17 Greystones 8
    Cashel 10 Nenagh Ormond 6
    Galwegians 7 Corinthians 7
    Malone 11 Queens 20
    2B
    Sunday's Well 6 Old Crescent 16
    Skerries 0 Navan 27
    2C
    Bective Rangers 29 Seapoint 8
    Bruff 6 Thomond 8

Was in work this evening unfortunately so didn't get out to castle avenue to support lansdowne but heard we won anyways and had fitzy back on the wing and Dooley at front row. How did we do performance wise we're we lucky to win or desirve it?

Definitely deserved the win. Very good 2nd half from Lansdowne.

• Advertisement

Stainalert wrote: »
    Definitely deserved the win. Very good 2nd half from Lansdowne.

Cheers thanks 👌. Yard at full strength?

Advertisement