Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scooter transport Dublin query

• 13-05-2017 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hello people of the motorbike forum..

Hopefully you can help me with this.

I've recently brought a user moped back from the uk (I own it). I'm bringing it for the vrt on Tuesday, however I am not able to drive it as I'm not yet insured on it. Ideally I need someone to transport it from Sandyford to ballymount for me on Tuesday afternoon.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of people who can do this? If so please let me know.

I've been let down by a friend who was going to help.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Transport it as in "On trailer" or ride it to Ballymount??

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

I'm kind of easy either way.

I'm assuming that a trailer would be more straight forward insurance wise but I'm not certain of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Get someone u know very well and trust OP to drive it , its only 14-15km journey , I drove 170km few months back for a bike and by time i agreed sale etc insurance company was closed :) took my chances though not advising you to do the same .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Get someone u know very well and trust OP to drive it , its only 14-15km journey , I drove 170km few months back for a bike and by time i agreed sale etc insurance company was closed :) took my chances though not advising you to do the same .

I know what I'd be doing too

:pac:

Don't know what to advise you op, sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Down with that sort of thing....

• Advertisement

PM Cormie, a boards user here. He owns Vantasks.ie and is often able to handle unusual deliveries in and around Dublin on short notice. If the bike is clean and can be loaded/unloaded easily, he might be open to doing the job, or at least pointing you towards another man with a van setup who would do it.

Edit: http://www.vantasks.ie/services/motorbike-recovery-transport

Nothing to do with me, just know of him/his company from boards.

Advertisement