Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emergency passport.

• 13-05-2017 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Major balls up, I'm off on a stags on Friday and my passport is out of date.

Is there a realistic chance of getting one before Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Where is the stags and whom do you fly with?

Phil.x wrote: »
    Evening all,

Major balls up, I'm off on a stags on Friday and my passport is out of date.

Is there a realistic chance of getting one before Friday.

Can you go directly to the passport office next week?They should be able to sort you on the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

If you are flying with Aer Lingus to Britain, driving licence will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

testicles wrote: »
    If he's going to the UK...

Then Aer lingus still accept drivers license

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Then Aer lingus still accept drivers license

Only if he's going to the UK...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Spain

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Phil.x wrote: »
    Spain

Need a passport so, and I'm pretty sure you have to fill in a form online before you leave including passport number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Need a passport so, and I'm pretty sure you have to fill in a form online before you leave including passport number.

You can edit the document number up until check in so several hours before the flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

You may be able to get an appointment in the Passport Office next week. You will need the form fully completed, your photos and your expired passport and proof of travel.
    Log on to the dept of foreign affairs website and follow the menu options. It will take 3 working days from the day of your appointment to get the passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Go in a queue on mon morning before passport office opens. At opening time someone comes out and directs people to the required counters. Have all documentation, forms, money, printed flight booking. I did this last year as I couldn't get an appointment online. They gave me an appointment for Tuesday or Wednesday morning (can't remember exactly). I collected the passport on Thursday morning for a flight on Friday. It took 3 trips to town. Annoying but I'll never let it happen again.
    They are as helpful as can be considering how busy they are.

You can book an appointment on line at passport office website. I think you can only book it 2 days before you are due to fly.
    YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
    Completed passport form stamped by local Garda station.
    4 photos, 2 of which stamped and signed by Garda.
    Your old passport.
    Fee (€180 I think?????)
    You will also need proof of travel dates (copy of flight receipt etc)

My appointment was at 9:40am. I came in and sit down at your window number. No need to draw a ticket. The good looking blonde in reception is very helpful if you have any questions.

Just sit and listen for your name to be called. When it is called they take your form, pics and old passport from you. You then go to pay at a different window.

Passports wont be ready until AFTER 2:30pm at earliest. You will be told all this at the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

TheTorment wrote: »
    You can book an appointment on line at passport office website. I think you can only book it 2 days before you are due to fly.
    YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
    Completed passport form stamped by local Garda station.
    4 photos, 2 of which stamped and signed by Garda.
    Your old passport.
    Fee (€180 I think?????)
    You will also need proof of travel dates (copy of flight receipt etc)

My appointment was at 9:40am. I came in and sit down at your window number. No need to draw a ticket. The good looking blonde in reception is very helpful if you have any questions.

Just sit and listen for your name to be called. When it is called they take your form, pics and old passport from you. You then go to pay at a different window.

Passports wont be ready until AFTER 2:30pm at earliest. You will be told all this at the office.

Oh yea I remember now I was told to try online and come back in and ask for that same person if I couldn't get an appointment. You have to go online at a certain time (like ticketmaster for an ed sheeran concert) and hope you get on before the slots are gone. I can't remember did I get one of the emergency slots or I went in again anyway.
    I was so relieved when I had the passport in my hand. It's a time consuming process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Phil I dont think you are going on that stags.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

I had to get a passport in a hurry a couple of years ago. You need to make an appointment in Dublin or Cork

https://www.passportappointments.ie/

You will need to bring proof of travel along with the application. Looks like it takes 3 days now. You can get someone else to collect it, they need ID and your written consent. The passport costs an extra €55 on top of the regular fee.

I remember there was a bit of waiting but not much thanks to the appointment system. Some walk ins that had only discovered their passport was out of date at the airport usually with a fractious travel companion.

Not sure if the new online application has an emergency facility can't see it mentioned anywhere. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Go to passport office , stand at the front of the most miserable looking group.

Suddenly and dramatically crash face first to the floor maybe breaking your nose or knocking out a few teeth.

Minions will scuttle out from behind the counter and drag you in , patch you up and issue you with a shiny new passport.

Your welcome.

Advertisement